Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Intel X710-DA4 4-Port SFP+ failed to install i40e driver

kerrigan007
Beginner

I download latest driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/zh-cn/product/83965/intel-ethernet-converged-network-adapter-x710da4 and tried to build the driver on my server.

But it reported following error and it should be the code problem:

/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/i40e-2.15.9/src/i40e.h:801: error: array type has incomplete element type

My server's OS is Centos6.7 and kernel version is kernel-2.6.32-573.el6.x86_64.

I am stucked to install the driver for X710-DA4, please kindly have a look on it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello kerrigan007,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Kindly provide the following information that would help in checking your request. 

1. PBA of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. It consist of 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. This would help us identify if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter.

Identify Your Intel® Network Adapter Model Using PBA Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2. Model of the SFP+ module used. You may share photos of the module for us to check on it. 

3. Was the issue encountered on first integration or the X710-DA4 was known to be working fine for quite some time.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello kerrigan007,

Good day!

This is just a follow up for the information that we are requesting for us to proceed checking your request. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello kerrigan007,

How are you doing? 

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have a good day and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos