Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel X710 DA4 compatible transceiver.

llima8
Beginner

I am currently using X710DA4 with compatible transceiver. No brand name.

The solution was working, suddenly the cards does not recognize the transceiver. Since the last 2 days.

What i am using is this version:

Linux version 3.10.0-957.el7.x86_64 (mockbuild@kbuilder.bsys.centos.org) (gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-36) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Nov 8 23:39:32 UTC 2018

Error given out of the blu:

root@localhost ~]# ethtool -m p2p1

Cannot get module EEPROM information: Invalid argument

Can someone help? what do i have to do? Exists a list of compatibility where can i add mine?

Is maybe FW to update or else?

Thanks since now.

Lo

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lo,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the markings of your Ethernet adapter. This would help us identify if you are using an Intel Retail or OEM version of Ethernet Adapter.

You may refer to this link on where to find the Part number and Serial number of the adapter 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If this adapter is a retail version, you may need to visit this link for the list of Compatible SFP+ Modules, SFP Modules, and Cables for Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X710 Series

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007045/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
llima8
Beginner

thanks for the answer, however, is not what i expected.

The transceiver is compatible and was working initially suddenly the error.

Do not know why, maybe FW to update if you cannot support me thanks the same.

Lo

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lo,

We appreciate your reply.

Please be informed that we have an OEM and Retail version of Intel Ethernet adapters. We have requested for the markings of the adapter for us to identify if it is OEM or Retail. The firmware from Intel are intended to be used on Intel branded adapters. For OEM version, we would recommend to contact the OEM vendor since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on the adapter. 

Kindly share the following details which would help us on checking your query.

1.) What is the exact model of the transceiver? As you mentioned no brand name, can you share any link as for the transceiver

2.) What is the version of the driver you used? Please share the link on where did you download the driver.

3.) Kindly provide the Serial and Part number of the adapter for us to identify if this is an OEM or Retail version. 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lo,

Please provide the details that we requested for us to assist you further. Let us know if you have questions.

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lo,

We'd like to inform you that we will now close this inquiry since we haven't receive any response on our previous follow up. If you still need our assistance on this matter, kindly provide the details that we requested or should you have any other concern or additional questions, kindly post a new question.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos