cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel X710 and Cisco SFP 10G DAC

Hello,

I have a strange issue getting Cisco SFP+ DAC cables to work with Intel X710 adapters!

I got two series from the supplier BUT same part number SFP-H10GB-CU5M

One of them is working perfect and the other no!!!!!!!

After connecting them to Cisco switch, it displays just a difference in VID, please checkbelow:

#show inventory
NAME: "Te1/1/6", DESCR: "SFP-10GBase-CX1"
PID: SFP-H10GB-CU5M      , VID: V02  , SN: TED1628C2EW                       ---> this is the working one

NAME: "Te1/1/8", DESCR: "SFP-10GBase-CX1"
PID: SFP-H10GB-CU5M      , VID: V03  , SN: LRM19449283

I made upgrade to server bios, intel i40e and i40en drivers and upgraded X710cards firmware to v19.5.12: But without any change, still one of the DACs is not working and the other is working fine!!!

Please help fixing this issue if there is some patch or urgent update to apply.

Regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Anybody from Intel can help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Aehandasa,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

Our X710 adapter is only compatible with Intel branded SFPs. For more information, you may check this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007045/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products....

Although there are some reports that other brands worked after they upgraded the firmware, the reports are unconfirmed and varying results may happen.

Did this SFP worked before? If the other one worked and this one did not are you able to test another model of this one?

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos