Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Intel Z370 + Intel X520-SR2 Compatibility

Jacob12
Beginner

Hi,

I have a desktop with the Intel Z370 chipset and I am trying to use the Intel X520-SR2 NIC with it. For some reason, the machine is not booting past the initial logo screen. I have tried pressing F2 or F12 to access BIOS settings, but it is completely frozen.

I am attempting to do PXE boot in legacy mode.

I have tried the following steps: 

• Verified the NIC's Brady ID to confirm it is Intel genuine
  • Updated the BIOS on the machine to the most current
  • Updated the NIC using bootutil and set it to PXE boot
  • Reseated the NIC and verified the PCI slot in the machine works as expected
  • Changed the NIC to use combo mode while enabling PXE boot (i.e. pre-boot images)

I have tested the NIC on a totally different computer and confirmed it worked as expected. This issue seems to be unique to the machine with the Z370 chipset. 

Here are links to the products: Z370 Chipset , X520-SR2 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jacob12,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We will be glad to check your qeury and we hope you don't mind providing below information that would help with the investigation. 

1. Exact brand and model of your motherboard

2. For how long do you have the desktop system?

3. Is the Intel X520-SR2 NIC known to be working fine on this setup before? Or is this the first time your installing the card on this motherboard?

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jacob12,

Good day!

This is just a follow up for the information we requested so we can proceed checking your query. In case you have questions or clarifications, feel free to let us know.

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Jacob12
Beginner

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions: 

1. Exact brand and model of motherboard: 1PCFL-SC/R with Z370 chipset

2. Time I've had the system: 2 years

3. Has the setup worked before? No, this is my first time installing the X520-SR2 with this motherboard and chipset

Thank you kindly, I am awaiting your reply.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jacob12,

Thank you for the reply.

We've tried looking for 1PCFL-SC/R with Z370 chipset and unfortunately, we were not able to identify its specific brand and manufacturer as we're getting multiple results.

Since the card worked as expected on a different computer, we highly suggest checking with your board manufacturer if the X520-SR2 is compatible with your motherboard. The compatibility of the card would be based on the motherboard and your motherboard's manufacturer is responsible for checking and testing the validated components for their own system. 

Please visit this link for the list of System Manufacturers.

https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

Feel free to let us know if you have questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jacob12,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have read our previous reply and if you need additional assistance on this request. If yes, please let us know so we can further check on it. Otherwise, kindly advise if we can proceed closing this thread. 

Awaiting to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jacob12,

I hope you are doing good!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos