Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4877 Discussions

Intel drivers wired 15.5 and 2008 R2 with WSM CPUs

SBlitz
New Contributor II

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3035&DwnldID=19233&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3035&DwnldID=19233&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss

Hello,

Intel just released 15.5. Can someone from Intel approve it does fix the WSM CPUs problem with more than 32GB and R2 Hyper-V ? The Readme does not mention fixes at all.

Thank you.

26 Replies
Patrick_K_Intel1
Employee

A quick update for those still following this post.

We ahave a whole team dedicated to this activity. Preliminary reports are that a root cause may have been found. I am not able to convey the details of the investigation at this time. Investigation continues.

I will provide additional information as it becomes available.

0 Kudos
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Hi,

Any update please ? Newer BIOS 54 won't help, right ?

Tnx,

Saar

0 Kudos
Patrick_K_Intel1
Employee

No, the fix for this is not yet in a BIOS. Issue still being worked.

0 Kudos
Patrick_K_Intel1
Employee

There are some initial reports that for some, a temporary work-around is available in the existing BIOS. Apparently there is a "Maximize memory below 4GB" setting in the BIOS somewhere. If this is enabled it changes the way BIOS maps memory and does some other things that has been reported to alleviate this particular issue for some.

You might give this a try and see if it helps you.

The folks in charge are still working on determining how to proceed for a true fix of the issue.

More updates as available.

0 Kudos
SBlitz
New Contributor II

Got a BETA BIOS two weeks ago, and it fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Patrick_K_Intel1
Employee

Great! Please post again when you get the final release - as a customer you have more insight into the BIOS updates that I do!

thanx!

Patrick

0 Kudos