Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

Intel i210-AT driver issue

idata
Employee

Hello

I'm running Supermicro X11SSL-F motherboard with networking adapter Inter i210-AT

Next issue is faced after updating motherboard BIOS to latest version (2.2) -- with Windows Server 2012 R2 is being used -- network adapter becoming unstable after 10-14 GB of transmitted data. It either stop sending\receiveing data (like buffer overflow) or drops connection at all.

Tried recommendations, described in document TA-201, tried disable TCP offloading, tuning down to lower link speed, disabling power saving features - no luck, until restart system refuses to transmit big amounts of data, while may be still available sometimes via RDP (or sometimes starting to drop packets completely). Disabling\enabling adapter on running system has no effect.

Basically, I'm runned out of ideas. Main suggestion was a faulty BIOS update, but issue does not reproducing on Linux (Debian\Centos\Ubuntu), so this seems to be more driver issue.

Driver package version: 23.2

Driver version (from device properties) - 12.14.7.0, date 11/3/2017

Please advice.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Vliashuk,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. Please let us know what type of device the adapters are connecting to. Are you using both adapters at the same time? Have you contacted Supermicro if there are any known issues? Have you tried the OEM drivers from Supermicro? Please provide https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- System Support Utility logs. This will not collect any personal information.
  • Download and run the .exe from the link above
  • Check "everything" then click "scan"
  • When scan is finished click "next"
  • Save the log and attach it to a post

The https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008490/software/software-applications.html FAQs have additional information about this utility. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

We using only one adapter, server connected to the Juniper EX4200-48T.

We had contacted Supermicro on this matter and awaiting followup from them.

OEM drivers were also tested, they gave same result.

Log files from system support utility has been attached to this messsage.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi vliashuk,

Please try to adjust the following parameters of the I210 adapter and check if it improve the connectivity:

1. Set the Interrupt Moderation from "Adaptive" to "Off"

2. Increase the Receive Buffers value

Hope this help.

Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Interrupt moderation was disabled and Receive Buffers value has been doubled.

Issue still present
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi vliashuk,

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if Supermicro already responded to your query. The I210-AT is an Ethernet Controller integrated to the system, Supermicro might have customized driver for this adapter.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

I've contacted Supermicro, the only thing they offered for now -- submit a RMA request.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi vliashuk,

If using the same driver version with previous BIOS does not exhibit this issue, we'd suggest to double check with Supermicro. There might be changes done on the functionality of the I210-AT Ethernet Controller with BIOS update version 2.2.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi vliashuk,

Please let us know if there's other assistance needed. Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

I appreciate your help and attention on this matter.

After tests on this board were revealed, that at least 2 more has the same issue, with older version of BIOS.

So this is definetly h\w problem.

Thread may be closed, thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi vliashuk,

Thanks for sharing the update. Feel free to post in Intel Wired Communities for your Intel® Ethernet Network Adapters questions.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos