Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4859 Discussions

Intel i219-lm performance issues

Jesus_Pavon
Beginner

Hi support,

We are facing some performance issues with Intel i219-LM chipset with different laptop models, from different vendors (Lenovo and Dell), and with different chipset driver versions (mainly v12.17.8.7 but some manually updated to v12.18.8.9). They all are running Windows 10 64bit 1803 with the last patches.

We have noticed this performance issue with the ForeScout CounterACT client, while trying to collect all the data, it fails and left some fields in loading state.

Meanwhile, every time we connect with the integrated wNIC (Intel 8265), the performance is the expected and everything works properly.

We have not been able to detect any performance issues in other applications as we are using WLAN as the main network, but we want to be able to access all the resources properly in case of a WLAN disruption.

The switches we are using are Cisco 4506 with GigaEthernet slots. Cisco APs are connected to the same switches.

Regards.

Jesus

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Jesus, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please provide the details below for us to check on your query. 1.) System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below. a- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- b- Open SSU.exe c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". d- When finished scanning, click "Next". e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. 2.) When was the issue first encountered? 3.) Is there any software or hardware changes on the devices? 4.) Are the devices updated to its latest BIOS version? 5.) Are the switches updated to its latest firmware? Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Jesus_Pavon
Beginner

Hello Crisselle.

Attached you can find th results of the scan.

In regards on your questions:

2.) When was the issue first encountered?

We noticed a couple of months ago, when we started to test wired backup connectivity. We have been using wireless as the main production network since the begining.

3.) Is there any software or hardware changes on the devices?

No.

4.) Are the devices updated to its latest BIOS version?

Yes they have.

5.) Are the switches updated to its latest firmware?

The switches has the last recommended software from Cisco.

I you need more infromation do not hesitate to ask.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Jesus, Thank you for the information provided. While we are checking on this, can you share if there is any other device with different model of network card or on-board NIC that's connected on the same network? If yes, does it have the same problem with I219-LM? Do you use Virtualization in these systems, or do you have any virtual machine software installed? This would help us to isolate the issue. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Jesus_Pavon
Beginner

Hi Crisselle.

Yes, there are more users suffereing this issue. The colleague next to me with different laptop model (Dell) but same NIC, and different driver version. We have tested another Lenovo laptop with same specifivcations and different driver version and it is failing as well.

In regards of virtualization, we have VMWare Horizon installed in the system, but only to get remote access to a guest machine for testing purpose, so all the work is done locally.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jesus,

Thank you for the response.

We hope you don't mind to elaborate more the issue you've encountered on the systems with I219-LM connection. When you mentioned on your initial post that it fails, do you see any error on the system?

Can you also share if you've tried to disable the wireless LAN and check if it makes any difference?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Jesus_Pavon
Beginner

Hi Crisselle.

We have been able to find what it was failing, and it was related with the software we were using. My apologies for the time you spent working on this.

I would like o thank you very much for dedication.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jesus,

Thank you for the update.

No worries. We are glad to hear that you were able to find the problem. If you have additional questions in the future, please do not hesitate to ask and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for the cooperation on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos