Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel instructions no longer valid when adding VLANs in Windows 10?

TOlse4
Beginner

I have found these two posts: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004HJ3p2SAD/intel-i219v-w10-pro-not-possible-to-add-vlan?language=en_US

and

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000035837/network-and-i-o.html

They both refer to this Powershell command:

Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"

That path is not is not correct. I do not have "Wired Networking" under the Intel folder. I'm trying to add VLAN to DEll Optiplex 5070 with Intel I291-V network adapters.

Are there revised instructions?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi TOlse4,

Thank you for posting on our Intel® Ethernet Communities page.

Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility and download the software.

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
TOlse4
Beginner
I won’t be able to do that scan for several hours. Does Intel® PROSet software need to be installed or is it part of the driver? I have not installed anything. Maybe that’s the problem?
0 Kudos
TOlse4
Beginner
Report 1 I'll send the report from the second computer in a few minutes. They are both exactly the same and fresh out of the box.
0 Kudos
TOlse4
Beginner
Here is the report from the second computer.
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tolse4,

Thank you for the quick response.

We need to get the System Support Utility (SSU) report to best answer your question.

Please attach the report on the forum. When you write an answer, there is a clip on the bottom part of the message box that you can click to attach the text report.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tolse4,

How are you doing today?

We hope you don't mind sharing the additional information that we requested that will help us in further checking this request.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tolse4,

Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos