Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Intel network connections installers from 26.6 to 27.0 are not working.

lm90
Beginner

I tried installing version: 26.6, 26.7, 26.8 and the recently released 27.0.

26.6, 26.7 and 26.8 don't display the main install button in the initial setup interface. 

Version 27.0 does display the install button but the installation fails to detect my hardware, check the attached screenshot for reference.

The issues have begun after updating to Windows 11, version 26.4 is the only installer that works at the moment on Windows 11, I just reinstalled it to double check and the installation completed without issues.

Any information on how to address this issue is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello lm90,

Thank you for patiently waiting and we are happy to update you that we already have Windows 11 driver that you can try. Please check the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Rebel
Beginner

That's because intel decided on purpose to abandon users on Windows 11. They don't want to support their Proset drivers for Windows 11...

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lm90,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues installing driver on your Ethernet under Windows 11. For us to further check your request, please share the following information.

1. Brand and model where your Intel® Ethernet Controller I211 is embedded.

2. Please confirm if the driver tested were downloaded from link below. 

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

3. We are sharing with you the link below for Support Information for Intel® PROSet and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) on Microsoft Windows* 11. This is to inform you that Intel® PROSet and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) will not be supported on Microsoft Windows* 11 or future Microsoft client operating system updates.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087483/ethernet-products.html

Looking forward to your reply.  

We will reach out after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Rebel
Beginner

So basically, you're sharing:

1. The link to the version 27 of the drivers which are stated in the first sentence of @lm90 when he/she says it doesn't work

2. The page which states Intel decided (for no reason but pushing people to move to a more recent chipset) not to support Windows 11 for Proset and ANS

I'm sorry, but this is not of great help at all... Please send that kind of message back to the drivers team.

0 Kudos
lm90
Beginner

1. The Intel® Ethernet Controller I211 is embedded is embedded on a MSI X299 SLI PLUS motherboard.

2. The 27.0 driver, like all the other versions mentioned, was downloaded from the official page of the Intel Download Center you linked.

3. I am not using VLANs and Teams, I just need the advanced configuration settings required to configure the device (settings inside the Intel PROset Adapter Configuration Utility).

I also pointed out that version 26.4 completes the installation process without issues on Windows 11.

The driver team must have changed something in the installer starting from version 26.6.

In versions 26.6, 26.7, 26.8 the installer was missing the Install button altogether, in version 27.0 the install button is there but now there is a hardware detection problem that needs to be addressed.

0 Kudos
Petz
Beginner

lm90@ good find that 26.6 installer works. I bet Intels driver team updated the software they use to package/bundle the driver and create the installer exe. In doing so it is now aware windows 11 exists and they need to flag the OS somehow as supported in the packaging software they use.

I can’t help you with ProSet. But if all you need is the driver, I was able to install 27.0 on windows 11. Just download and extract the 27.0 “completed wired” driver package to a temp folder, open the device in windows device manager and on the driver tab make it search you temp folder for suitable drivers. Job done it should pick them up and update the device(watch the version and date change)

Hope that helps. Still they should fix this given how popular windows 11 is getting and these (i211) are currently selling chips on the market

0 Kudos
Petz
Beginner
In case anyone needs the link here is the download page for the complete wired device Zip I mentioned https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html?wapkw=x550-t2

It’s a big download for a driver at 700mb+ if you just have one device. But since the exe installers don’t work on Windows 11, I’d try that in the meantime
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All, 

Thank you for the feedback and information provided. 

Please allow us to check this request with our engineers. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2 -3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Please see below update from our engineering team and feel free to let us know if there are any questions or clarifications. 

Currently only inbox drivers for Windows 11 are supported. This is the reason why you are having installation issues. Windows 11 driver will probably be released by end of March. 

Looking forward to your replies. 

We will reach out after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
lm90
Beginner

Thank you for reporting back.

I guess we will have to wait, hopefully everything will be sorted out next month.

In the meantime, it would be ideal to keep this thread open if possible.

I also suggest everyone experiencing installation problems on Windows 11 to try version 26.4 while we wait for the issues to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lm90,

You're welcome. Appreciate your prompt reply. 

We will keep this thread open and give an update once the driver has been released. 

Please feel to let us know in case you have additional questions or clarifications on this query. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello lm90,

Thank you for patiently waiting and we are happy to update you that we already have Windows 11 driver that you can try. Please check the link below:

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

lm90
Beginner

I have just completed the installation and everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you Mike for reporting back and thanks to all the Intel software engineers that fixed the compatibility/hardware detection issues in Windows 11.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lm90,

Thank you for the prompt update and we are glad to hear that the Windows 11 driver worked as expected.

If no other assistance is needed, please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos