Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel(r) Ethernet Connection (7) 1219-V

TrevrSmth
Novice

I have been trying to update my Ethernet drivers.

I have noticed this issue (if it is an issue)

MSI Dragon Center - Downloads 26.2.0.1 LAN driver
Intel - I personally download 26.6 (Latest) driver

now when I open up the properties and view driver details, I get different driver date/version, even though I know I installed the 26.6 (10/18/2021) / ID 18293

So, my question is, is this correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TrevrSmth
Novice

My issue was for the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC - Intel(R) Ethernet Adapter (7) I219-V

Anyone else that has this issue with MSI, it is because MSI is using an older version of the Intel driver installer. The updated version 26.6(Latest) from intel fixes the **Interrupt Status: Failed**, for me at least.

If you were wondering about the driver date/version, yes, it is still the same version as the MSI driver, but the installer version is different, MSI uses 26.2 installer and the latest is 26.6, no matter which version you use to install the driver will still read (2/10/2021 - 12.19.1.37)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello TrevrSmth,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard i219-V?
  2. Aside from the driver version, are you also having other issues with the network card?
  3. Can you provide the link of the driver that you installed?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TrevrSmth
Novice

1. Yes, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
2. No
3. Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello TrevrSmth,

We appreciate the quick reply. Regarding the issue, you may try to re-install the latest driver that you using but this time, kindly follow our clean driver installation procedure and check if you will have the same issue. Please follow the steps below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

If you will have the same issue after trying the steps above, we recommend that you contact MSI for further support. Because the network card is onboard and they may have a custom driver or software to have it fixed.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
TrevrSmth
Novice

I appreciate the uninstall advice, I initially uninstalled the driver as per the guide above before it was suggested. My question is, does that driver information in the attachment on the initial post, match to what I installed? is it the correct latest version for the i219-V. Thanks

Only reason I ask is because the Interrupt Status on the MSI driver (26.2) fails the test.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello TrevrSmth,

Thank you for the quick reply. We recommended the clean driver installation to make sure that the driver is properly installed and no traces in the cache of the previous driver. However, to further check if the driver version is properly showing, we recommend to discuss the issue further with MSI since the network card is onboard. They may have altered the feature or they may have customer drivers and software that's why it may show a different version. Specially you mentioned that there is also problem with interrupt status.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
TrevrSmth
Novice

My issue was for the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC - Intel(R) Ethernet Adapter (7) I219-V

Anyone else that has this issue with MSI, it is because MSI is using an older version of the Intel driver installer. The updated version 26.6(Latest) from intel fixes the **Interrupt Status: Failed**, for me at least.

If you were wondering about the driver date/version, yes, it is still the same version as the MSI driver, but the installer version is different, MSI uses 26.2 installer and the latest is 26.6, no matter which version you use to install the driver will still read (2/10/2021 - 12.19.1.37)

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello TrevrSmth,

By the way, while reviewing the thread, we would like to make some clarifications.

Base on validation, it is correct that the driver date in our latest Intel generic drivers 26.6 for i219-v still contains driver version 12.19.1.37 dated 02/10/2021. Please accept our apologies and we think that you might got confused about the released date of the driver 10/18/2021. This contains multiple drivers for Intel Ethernet products. Some Ethernet chipset stays the same as previously released until they found a bug on the driver to be fixed.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

i219-V driver version in the 26.6 release

CatalogFile = e1d68x64.cat

DriverVer = 02/10/2021,12.19.1.37

So it matches on the picture that he provided. We Apologize for the confusion and you may also confirm the driver version with MSI. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TrevrSmth,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have read our latest update. If yes, please confirm and let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. We hope that we are able to clarify your query with the latest information we sent. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TrevrSmth,

I hope you are doing good!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing rest of the week!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos