Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4859 Discussions

Intel x550-T2 installers for windows 11 not compatible

Petz
Beginner

Hi Intel,

I'm on x64 version of windows 11 21H2 (Build 22000.469) and found that both the installers for x550-T2 drivers and proset utility 26.8 don't work.

The driver installer simply says "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer. No drivers were installed"

The ProSet installer says "This product is not supported on this operating system. Aborting setup"

I know there are updates, so tried using the complete Intel adapter driver download package (which oddly is version 27.0 as the latest, not 26.8 on the x550-T2product page). From this I extracted the drivers them from device manager had it check the folders where the 27.0 extracted drivers were and I was able to update the x550-T2 to driver 4.1.248.0 (2021-11-04) and the i211 to 13.0.13.0 (2022-01-31).

Will you be updating these installers to work with windows 11 without needing to do work arounds?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Petz,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Can you share the link of your Windows 11 driver?
  2. Kindly confirm if your X550-T2 is a PCIe card or onboard/embedded on the motherboard.
  3. What is the brand and model of your motherboard or system.
  4. Can you share the screenshot of the error?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Petz
Beginner

Hey Michael,

Answers below.

"1. Can you share the link of your Windows 11 driver?"

Downloads are off this page https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

Driver: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/710138/Wired_driver_26.8_x64.zip

• Windows 10 Family*
  • Size: 32.8 MB
  • SHA1: 95839574B6A19389713CA6E31A9C4ECD10657361

and ProSet: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/710138/Wired_PROSet_26.8_x64.zip

• Windows 10 Family*
  • Size: 36.1 MB
  • SHA1: 98B969CD48A0C402526C98E7B934C10B5836E054

"2.  Kindly confirm if your X550-T2 is a PCIe card or onboard/embedded on the motherboard."

Yes it's PCIe card, not an integrated chipset on the motherboard.

"3. What is the brand and model of your motherboard or system."

Motherboard is Gigabyte x570 Master v1. Bios v34 (AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.3 B). Product page here https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#kf

"4. Can you share the screen shot of the error?"

Sure can, see below. But looks like it's the same issue these people have, windows 11 not supported yet?

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/ProSet-Wired-Driver-26-6-and-Windows-11/m-p/1324185#M27065

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Proset-driver-26-8-can-not-install-on-windows-11/m-p/1347916

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Petz,

Thank you for the quick reply. I think the issue is you are using Windows 10 drivers and upon checking our validated list, your card does not support Windows 11 yet. Here is the link for the list of validated OS:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Since your network card is onboard, it is best to check with your board manufacturer if the board supports Windows 11. If they do, they should have drivers for all the embedded controllers. Since your device is onboard, it might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features to improve operations that are provided by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Kindly contact the board manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Petz
Beginner

Hi Michael,

Your reply doesn’t seem to make sense to me.

“ Windows 10 drivers and upon checking our validated list, your card does not support Windows 11”

Are you suggesting that Intel has no product that support Windows 11? As no product on that list has a column to indicate if it supports Windows 11 or not! While not “validated” and updated in the support list you provided, clearly it is supported to a degree as the drivers work fine (per my post I can install them manually). If this wasn’t the case I’m sure you would have a number of complaints as almost all computers have an Intel chip in them and Windows 11 is now gaining quite a bit of usage.

Again I’m asking if you can tell me when or even if the installers will be fixed to work with windows 11? It’s pretty obvious they are not working at present despite the drivers working fine after upgrading from windows 10.

Since your network card is onboard, it is best to check with your board manufacturer
When did I say it was an onboard card? I provided the motherboard details and answered question “2.” Stating it was a Intel PCIe add on card and NOT an onboard chipset to the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Petz,

Thank you for the prompt reply and I am really sorry for the confusion. What I am trying to say is there is no validation for Windows 11 yet specially for your card. And we don't have the an update on when is the release of of Windows 11 driver.

I also apologize if I misread that the X550-T2 is a PCIe card and not onboard. However, if your PCIe card is an OEM, you may also try to contact the manufacturer of the card if they validated it for Windows 11. If you want us to validate your card, kindly send photos of your card on both sides for us to check if this card is a retail card or an OEM.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Petz,

I hope this message finds you well. After sending my reply yesterday, I also escalated the case to check the availability of Windows 11 driver. We are very sorry to say that we do not have an ETA for Windows 11 drivers yet, at the moment it is still in the works.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Petz,

I hope you are having a good day. I am just checking if you still have clarifications regarding this thread. And also, if you can still provide the markings of your card for us to check, kindly send it to us.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Petz,

I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos