Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Is my Intel motherboard DH77EB with Intel network adapter 82579V gigabyte adapter not compatible with Windows 10?

SGers3
Beginner

I upgraded my wife's PC from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. All went well except that now the adapter no longer connects to the internet.

I've gone into Device Manager and it says the adapter is working properly.

I then went to the Intel website and tried to update the driver but when I run it, it fails with the statement...

The installed version of Intel connection is not supported for upgrades. You must uninstall it before installing this version.

I then tried to uninstall the network adapter but still get the same error message and find that Device manager has installed the old adapter again.

I then went out and bought a PCIe Network adapter and installed it, but although Device manager says it is working correctly, still no internet.

Seeing that neither adapter will connect even though Device Manager says they are working correctly...is it something to do with Windows 10?

Thus the question above.

Any ideas what I need to do.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The 82579v has very limited support, as an "inbox" adapter:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020905/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

What PCIe adapter did you purchase? Provide model number.

Regarding your board, it is not supported on Windows 10. This does not mean Windows 10 will not run. What is your processor model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
SGers3
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

The PCIe gigabit NIC was by HiRo P/N:H50304 rated for Windows 10.

The PC has a i3-3295 cpu 3.4ghz Intel processor.

12 gigs memory

64 bit operating system

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do you mean i3-3245?

Did you use the driver provided by the manufacturer of the NIC?

Doc

0 Kudos
SGers3
Beginner

opps sorry. Yes 3245.

If you are referring to the NIC card I bought, yes, I used the included CD.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Your processor and graphics are supported on Windows 10:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/74746/intel-core-i3-3245-processor-3m-cache-3-40-ghz.html

Since you are experiencing the same problem with the NIC card and onboard NIC, have you tried a different cable? Are you seeing any activity on the LEDs for these NICs?

Doc

0 Kudos
SGers3
Beginner

Yes I have see the yellow light flashing on both of them.

The cable comes from a NetGear switch to her PC. I guess I could try a different cable although there wasn't any connectivity issue this morning before I upgraded so not sure why the cable would be bad all of a sudden.

Is it at all possible that the NetGear switch is the issue? Not sure why?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Anything is possible. You might want to turn off the PC, power cycle the switch, then turn on the PC.

Doc

0 Kudos
SGers3
Beginner

I also disconnected the cable from the switch and connected it directly to the motherboard onboard adapter, but no difference. Still no connection at all.

This is very frustrating. Even taking the switch out of the equation didn't solve a thing.

Something with this upgrade is blocking the connection but I don't know what or how to figure it out.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Have you tried the network adapter troubleshooter? Start, Settings, Update, Troubleshoot?

Doc

0 Kudos
SGers3
Beginner

yes...several time...it just says it can't fix the issue.

I give up...I think I'm going to revert back to 7 and wait for my son who is a computer guru to get back in to the country to let him work on it.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos