Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Issue Programming I210 Flash

KCass1
Beginner

Hi,

I am having difficulties programming the I210 Flash. In lanconf the flash option to write is greyed out.

If I try to write update NVM image from file in lanconf, I get an error saying the device ID is 0531 but the file ID is 1533.

The Flash I am using is SST25VF040B. The security_enable strapping is enabled with a 3k3 pull down.

If I place a pre-programmed Flash device onto the board in place of the empty device everything works fine. However pre-programming is not an option as we would really like to be able to program them on board.

I really appreciate any help on this matter.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Kyle.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Cassar10,

Thank you for the post. I will check on this.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
KCass1
Beginner

Hi,

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Cassar10,

Good day. Further checking, the firmware upgrades are only available for OEM/ODM, if you have access to Intel Business Link website, then you may

request from them. Thank you.

rgds

wb

0 Kudos
KCass1
Beginner

Does this mean that the firmware from this website is incorrect?

How do I get access to the business link account?

Regards,

Kyle.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for the reply. What is the website you downloaded the firmware from? Let me check about the access of business link. Thanks.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Cassar10,

Good day. You can access this site for the business link at https://kaveri.intel.com/ibl/help/support.htm Intel&reg Business Link {Support}

Hope this helps.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
JasonW
Beginner

Hello,

I also have flash part SST25VF040B and wish to program on-board. The above link does not work for me and the images of 513655 appear to be built for 8MB and 16MB flash devices. Please advise.

Thank You,

Jason

0 Kudos