Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Issue about the XL710 to receive data

GoodmanKIWI
Beginner

Hi everyone:

I'm working with Intel(R) Ethernet  XL710 QDA that has 2 ports.

I made a demo to receive data from another pc.I used my own code basing on socket.It can work well when speed rate under about 4Gbps,I can capture all packets that I have sent from another pc.But when speed rate over 4Gbps,some packets dropped.The dropped packets increased with the faster speed rate.I'm using ubuntu 16.04 and I have set rmem_max,ring buffer and netdev_max_backlog. It really confused me.

Are there any setting with XL710 or Linux that I have missed?Please do me a favor.  
Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello GoodmanKIWI,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Intel(R) Ethernet XL710 QDA2. For us to proceed checking your request, kindly provide the information below that would help with the investigation.

1. PBA number of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. The PBA consists 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. 

Identify Your Intel® Network Adapter Model Using PBA Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2. Do you see Yottamark or BradyID sticker on the adapter? If yes, please share or provide photos of the sticker on this thread.

You may refer to this link for the YottaMark* and BradyID* Stickers on Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007074/network-and-io/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-adapters-up-to-2-5gbe.html 

3. Please share the model of the transceiver used. Providing photos of the transceiver will be highly appreciated.

4. Please share the brand and model of the motherboard used.

5. Driver and firmware version used. Please also share the link where it was downloaded from. 

6. We hope you don't mind sharing more information when you mentioned 'I used my own code basing on socket' from statement below.

I made a demo to receive data from another pc. I used my own code basing on socket.

7. May we know what do you use when capturing packets? 

We look forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello GoodmanKIWI,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you received our initial response on this query. If yes, kindly provide the requested information for us to proceed checking on this. Feel free to let us know if you need more time on this so we adjust our follow up date.

Awaiting to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GoodmanKIWI
Beginner

Hello Crisselle C,
I'm sorry for my delayed reply.

After the day I post this question,I made some other tests. The transceiver between two computer has been solved.

But I still have some questions about Low Latency 40G Ethernet Intel FPGA IP which is in the quartus prime.

Can I still list my questions here or raise another new question on FPGA plate?

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello GoodmanKIWI,

Thank you for the reply.

We are glad to hear that the problem has been solved. For your FPGA concern, please be informed that we have a different team who handles this query. Kindly post another question on appropriate subtopic from link below for further assistance.

FPGAs and Programmable Solutions

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGAs-and-Programmable-Solutions/ct-p/fpgas-programmable-devices

We will now proceed closing this request. Please feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GoodmanKIWI
Beginner

Thank you for your support, Crisselle C.

0 Kudos