Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

Issue with 802.1x, Windows 10 sleep mode and Intel I219-V

Theromented
Beginner

Hello,

We have been facing an issue with 802.1x on Windows 10 computers (version 1909) and Intel (R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-V driver version 12.18.9.8, where the affected computers will not re-authenticate when returning back from sleep mode.

Could this issue be related to the Intel I219-V driver in use and which steps should be taken to resolve this issue?

Br, Theromented

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Joel,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We are sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your network adapter.

To better assist you, we need to get some logs from your system. It will tell us the different driver version and components installed on your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.

Please also answer the following questions:

1. May we know if the ethernet adapter was working fine before on a older driver version or older Windows version?

2. What driver version have you tried so far?

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Theromented
Beginner

Hi Alfred,

I have attached SSU output from a working Windows 10 computer using the I219-LM driver (version 12.18.9.17) and from the non-working Windows 10 computer using the I219-V driver (version 12.18.9.8).

1. 802.1x and sleep mode is working fine on other Windows 10 computers with older Windows versions and on some Windows 10 computers running on the same version 1909. Issues have been mostly observed with newer Windows 10 versions.

2. So far we have tried the I219-V driver version 12.18.9.8 on the affected computer, which is the latest driver that the Lenovo system update tool offers to it.

Should we try downloading newer I219-V driver version directly from Intel and test if it resolves the issue? Please let me know if there is anything else that can be done.

Br, Theromented

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Theromented,

We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to provide us the logs that we asked for.

After analyzing the logs that you have from provided, and cross referencing it with the non-working version. It appears that the working version has the most updated driver, due to this reason, please try to download our generic latest driver (12.19.0.13) and check if it will resolve the issue.

We will wait for you update. Should we not hear anything from you, we will reach after 3 business days to ensure that we timely address your concern.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Joel, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
gduchateau
Beginner

Dear 

We have some problems with the network driver.

Ons the HP650 G5

I have already checkt with diffrent drivers.

The description for Event ID 27 from source e1dexpress cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (6) I219-V

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

0 Kudos
ClientAdmin
Beginner

Hi all

Did you ever find a solution for this issue? We're facing the same problem.

Kind regards

0 Kudos