Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Issues by installing x710 drivers

MRetz
Beginner

Hi Guys, I'm facing an issue with the x710 driver. I always get the message: Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56). Do I need another driver or how could I solve the issue? Thanks for your help and best Regards Manu

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manu,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following details for us to check on your request.

1.) Part number of the X710 adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA of the adapter.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

2.) Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall the driver?

3.) Have you tried to perform clean installation of the driver?

4.) Please share the link on where did you download the driver.

5.) Does the message that is showing affects the performance of the X710 adapter? Do you encounter issues while using the adapter?

5.) We have managed to check your inquiry on other website. You might want to check the link below for the same issue encountered by another user. 

(This link will bring you to a third party website, owned and operated by an independent party over which Intel has no control. Intel is not responsible for information outside of the Intel Web site.)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-windows-is-still-setting-up-the-class/f11072e5-6afc-4f43-b213-22e1bfd8b25a?page=2

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MRetz
Beginner

Thanks Crisselle C,

I have to add that this appeared after the newest Windows Update

1. The Adapter we are using is the following: Intel Ethernet Adapter X710-DA4 X710DA4FHBLK
  2. Yes I have tried that unsucessfully. I also tried to install them manually...
  3. Could you please explain me how to perform a clean installation?
  4. The Driver (Version 24.2) was downloaded at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10
  5. Yes as mentioned above since the Windows Update it cannot be used anymore

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks and Best Regards

Manu

Simi Motion

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manu,

Good day and thank you for your reply.

We hope you don't mind providing additional information below which will be helpful for us to further check.

1.) It seems you missed to provide the PBA number of the adapter. This would help us to double check if you are using Retail or OEM version of Ethernet adapter. As for OEM version, the manufacturer might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features so it would be best if we can also try their driver.

You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA of the adapter. It is a 6-digit number located at the last part of the serial number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

2.) Please refer to the steps below on how to perform clean driver installation.

a. Open Windows* Device Manager:  

Windows® 10: Right-click Start > Device Manager

b. Double-click Network adapters to expand the section.

c. Right-click the Intel® Ethernet Connection (model) and select Properties.

d. Click the Driver tab.

e. Click Uninstall.

f. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK.

g. Press the Windows key + R, then type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) delete everything from that folder, then install our latest driver from the Download Center.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=83965

3.) Please share the exact Windows 10 version you are using.

4.) What are the other troubleshooting steps you have performed aside from the one mentioned on your last post.

5.) Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
MRetz
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

thanks for your reply.

Here are my answers and steps I did.

1. I didn't have access to the PC to have sight inside because the Computer is standing at a customers. But I have the Serial Numbers. Hopefully they help you:
    1. 7975-9248-9597-0869-1469-5716
    2. 4615-5988-3442-2892-5947-3480
  2. I perfomed a clear installation but the message in the Attachement appeared during/after the reinstallation…
  3. The exact Windows Version we are using is Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 at the moment.
  4. we just tried to update the driver several times, disabled the devide and also restarted the pc many times…
  5. I attached the Information as SystemOverview.txt

Thanks in Advise and best Regards

Manu

Simi Motion3.JPG

0 Kudos
MRetz
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

I have to add that during the Installation of the new Updates the following Message appears: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer". This could also affect the wrong installation of the network drivers right? Its's the 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4524147). Do you know how to proceed?

Best Regards

Manuel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manuel,

We appreciate your reply.

Please allow us to check this on our end. Rest assured that we will provide an update within 1-3 business days.

Hoping for your patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manuel,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

We'd like to check if there's a restore point created prior to update. If there is, we would suggest to do a system restore and check if it resolves the issue.

Looking forward to hear an update from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manuel,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you were able to do a system restore to check if it helps to resolve the issue. Kindly give us an update for the status of this request.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
MRetz
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

thanks for reanswering.

Badly we are not having any restore point. I guess the only solution would be a new Windows Installation? Am I right or do you have any other solution?

Thanks and best Regards

Manu

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manu,

You are welcome and we appreciate your response.

Please let me check this internally for any other solution that we could recommend. We will provide an update within 1-3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manu,

We apologize for the delay on this matter.

Please be informed that X710-DA4 is not supported on Windows 10 OS. You may visit this link for the list of Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters.

https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000025890/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

We have also tried to install X710 adapter on our lab with Windows 10 1903 version and it wasn't detected. 

You may also try to uninstall the update and check if it would be of help to fix the issue.

Looking forward to hear an update from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manu,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you have additional questions and clarifications on this request. In case you do, please let us know for us to assist you further.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manu,

I hope you are doing great!

You may also want to check this with Microsoft since the issue appeared after newest Windows Update. There might be similar issue encountered by another user that has been reported to them.

Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. In case you have any other concern or assistance needed in the future, please do not hesitate to post a new question.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos