Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4988 Discussions

Just need one port of X550-AT2, how to disable/hide the other port?

Cody_Kuo
Novice

Hi Sir,

X550-AT2 is a dual port device, but customers only use one port, the other port needs to be disabled and hidden.  For example, customer expect only one port present in Windows Device Manager. How can I do that? Do I need to modify NVM?

BR,

Cody

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Cody_Kuo
Novice

Hi BY,

I pulled LAN1_DIS_N down to GND on other projects using the X550-AT2 and port 1 did disappear, as shown bellow.2w.PNG

Thanks for this forum and your help.

BR,

Cody

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Cody_Kuo,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Generally, you may need to disable 1 of the 2 LAN ports from Bios or in Debug mode and X550-AT2 is an ethernet controller.

Kindly provide the System Support Utility(SSU) log from 1 of the customer system, this will allow us to check your adapter details and configuration.

Following Help Guide for the Intel® System Support Utility: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/ethernet-products.html

Please include the following information if providing the log is not convenient:

1) Operating system, OS build of the system

2) The model of chassis

3) The model of motherboard

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Cody_Kuo
Novice

Hi BY,

I'm designing a custom board, and X550-AT2 is LAN On Motherboard.

The schematic of X550-AT2 as below, just use Port 0 and let Port 1 floating.

Cody_Kuo_0-1692956163818.png

So BIOS can disable and hide the port 1, and port 1 cannot be detected by lanconf?

(Below is just an example)

Cody_Kuo_2-1692956724252.png

BR,

Cody

0 Kudos
Cody_Kuo
Novice

Hi BY,

I think I can pull LAN1_DIS_N to low to disable port 1, right?

Cody_Kuo_0-1692959044684.png

BR,

Cody

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Cody_Kuo,

You are right at the correct subject, you may also refer to the Intel® Ethernet Controller X550 Datasheet page# 152 (4.4.2 Overview).

We have a forum for those specific inquiries and you can post it to that forum as per link below so it can get answered in more detail.

Embedded Connectivity Forum:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/bd-p/embedded-networking-connectivity

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Cody_Kuo,

This is just a follow up regarding the information we have shared in regards your inquiry. If you have additional questions or clarifications, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Cody_Kuo,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we have provided right channel: Embedded Connectivity Forum in case you have further inquiries. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Cody_Kuo
Novice

Hi BY,

I pulled LAN1_DIS_N down to GND on other projects using the X550-AT2 and port 1 did disappear, as shown bellow.2w.PNG

Thanks for this forum and your help.

BR,

Cody

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Cody_Kuo,

Noted and thank you for sharing the outcome. Thank you again. Please be informed that we will now close this request since the resolution work accordingly.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos