Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

KILLER E2500 NO GIGABIT VELOCITY

dvseijas
Beginner

I have the e2500 gigabit killer network card installed. It has stopped working at gigabit speed and only reaches speed of 100. I have tried several options that I have seen in the forums such as cleanly reinstalling the Killer software, updating drivers, etc. And it still doesn't work.

It is connected directly to the router and the cable is checked and quality.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello dvseijas,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since your issue is regarding our Killer E2500 product, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

DeividA_Intel

Hello dvseijas,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Was the adapter working before?

3. What is the brand and model name of your router?

4. What were the previous speeds that the adapter used to reach?

5. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

dvseijas
Beginner

Hi Deivid:

First of all, thank you for your reply.

1. I attach the file.
2. Yes, the adapter worked previously
3. My router is the next:
4.I can reach gigabit speed previously.
5.Yes, the adapter was included when buying the laptop.

Thanks again.

David

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello dvseijas, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello dvseijas, 

Based on your report, I have noticed that your Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller is a Legacy product and this product is being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.

I recommend you to check this situation with MSI for driver and firmware since Intel does not develop, store or provide these drivers.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

Since you (Intel) have purchased Rivet Networks, the responsibility falls on the shoulders of Intel.

You are obliged to help solve issues on your products always and even on outdated products, since this is your equipment.

0 Kudos