Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Killer Control Center

Breat
Beginner

Bonjour,

Comment puis-je ajouter une application dans Killer Control Center car mon jeu MMO n'est pas détecté et donc la connexion n'est pas optimisée par Game Fast.

Cordialement,

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Breat,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since your issue is regarding our Killer Ethernet card, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Breat, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, we only provide support in English language and currently, we are using a translation tool.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® killer card?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was the MMO game working fine in Killer Control Center before?

This problem, does it happen with other games and applications?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The killer card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Breat
Beginner

Hello,

Before all sorry for my english

My network card is : Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

My laptop (MSI GT63 Titan 8RG) is this one (right side) and I have it since about 2 years.

Yes the MMO game (FINAL FANTASY XIV) worked fine before in "Killer Control Center", now he isn't detected.

I don't see if other application/game have the same problem yet so I think no.

The killer card is integrated in the computer.

The problem is at home.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1.

I use the Microsoft Store version of "Killer Control Center" like MSI recommand for my computer and I havn't this "problem" before.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Breat, No problem at all, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

We will do further research on this matter to try to find a possible solution to this issue. As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Breat
Beginner

Ok thanks.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Breat, 

In order to help you further, p[lase try the following:

1. Clean installation of the software. Bear in mind that we do not provide support for the controller that you are using since it is a legacy controller, but we can provide support for the Killer tool.

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/ethernet-products.html

2. Use the drivers from MSI. you are using an outdated one 9.0.0.42, as per the MSI website, the latest one available is 9.0.0.46. If you have issues performing the update, try to get in contact with MSI for instructions.

3. Update your BIOS, you are using E16L4IMS.107, the latest available is E16L4IMS.109.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Breat
Beginner

hi,

Yes I didn't see my BIOS was outdated i'll update it tomorrow.

My network card I installed the msi version before and got an update from here : https://www.intel.fr/content/www/fr/fr/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html some times ago.

For the Killer Control Center I currently use this version : https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/killer-control-center/9pcwjks4jsn1.

- edit -

I updated my bios and I tryed to update the network car driver with the one from msi but the installation say I already have a newer version.

So I need uninstall my network card and killer control center and reinstall them (driver from msi and tool from microsoft store or keeping the one from msi package, msi recommand the store version but install an old version with the driver too) ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Breat, 

At this point, I recommend you to check with MSI directly to confirm the right steps to perform a clean installation of the driver for the wireless card and also to confirm the correct installation of the Intel® Killer™ Software.

Once the updates are applied, please let me know if the issue persists.

Regards, 

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Breat
Beginner

Hi,

Ok I'll contact msi and back here after if need.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Breat, 

Thanks for the update, I will be waiting for the outcome, and do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Breat
Beginner

Hi,

I follow the msi support to reinstall the driver version 9.0.0.46 and seems be good now.

They said I need ignore the driver update suggested by your intel assistant to avoid the problem come back, maybe a compatibility problem between your driver and my laptop.

Regards

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Breat, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that after contacting MSI and installing driver version 9.0.0.46 the problem got fixed and now the Killer Control Center is working properly and the MMO game is detected.

"maybe a compatibility problem between our driver and his laptop", Yes, that is correct, the Intel® Graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your system. We always recommend to install the drivers provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since those drivers were heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform and to comply with the features and functions advertised for your machine.

Any other inquires, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Breat
Beginner

Hi,

"We always recommend to install the drivers provided by the manufacturer of the computer", yes i know but often their drivers are outdated, like this time or like my nvidia graphic card (more than 1 year without update from msi, so i get from nvidia).

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Breat, Thank you very much for your response.

"but often their drivers are outdated", that is correct, and in those cases what we recommend is to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the device, in this case MSI or Nvidia, to report this scenario, so if necessary, they can work a new driver release that will be updated that complies with the features and functions advertised for your machine.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos