Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Killer E2500 Wired Ethernet randomly dropping internet for about 5 seconds

rue
Novice

My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 Win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections on a home router randomly for about 5 seconds but its so Annoying !

The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection at all but the speed is much slower.

A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar from online TV websites, will not load in Chrome or Edge with the Wired connection.

The wireless connection will load weather radar instantly with BOTH web browsers.

I have replaced the ethernet cable several times and the Killer E2500 driver is up to date.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks......

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rue
Novice

"KILLER NETWORK SERVICE"  was causing the problem of certain webpages NOT loading such as Amazon.com

Disabled "KILLER NETWORK SERVICE" in the windows startup and Everything is Now working great and faster than ever !

Thanks again INTEL for no assistance whatsoever !!!   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @rue

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that the Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller is a Legacy unsupported product, therefore, we kindly recommend checking this further with your Computer Manufacturer for assistance with drivers and support. For your convenience, here is the link to DELL* Support.

If you need any other information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
rue
Novice

"KILLER NETWORK SERVICE"  was causing the problem of certain webpages NOT loading such as Amazon.com

Disabled "KILLER NETWORK SERVICE" in the windows startup and Everything is Now working great and faster than ever !

0 Kudos
rue
Novice

Wow thanks Intel Andrew.  This product is only one year old !

You have no idea why this is happening, so Intel just no longer supports it .... NICE !

I can see why AMD is kicking Intel and my next PC will be an AMD based PC !

0 Kudos
rue
Novice

0 Kudos