Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Killer E2500 would NOT load many different Websites

rue
Novice

So in another post I stated my Killer E2500 Ethernet would not load many different webpages such as Amazon.com ...  or weather station radar ...  etc.

Intel offered no advice or suggestions whatsoever !

I did figure out the issue with guidance from a computer guru.

The " KILLER NETWORK SERVICE " driver that runs in Windows 10 Startup was the culprit.

I unchecked Killer Network Service in startup and every webpage loads super fast now.

INTEL WHY DOES THIS PROGRAM KILL WEB BROWSING AND HOW ABOUT FIXING IT !!!?>???

My Alienware PC is only one year old so do not give me that BS its not supported anymore !

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello rue,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since your issue is regarding our wireless product Killer E2500 , we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
rue
Novice

The Wireless Connection works fine.

The WIRED KILLER ETHERNET E2500 was not working properly !!

I disabled the "KILLER NETWORK SERVICE" in Windows Startup and ALL webpages now load fine and Fast !

The " Killer Network Service" driver for the WIRED Ethernet E2500 product is the culprit !

Is this easier for you to understand Intel ????

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello rue

Thank you for your feedback, for future updates and if you want us to get a better look at your system we will need the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

You can post the results in this thread or reply to the email sent to the email address associated with your community profile.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
rue
Novice

Wow do you even know what the "KILLER NETWORK SERVICE"  is, its included in the driver package for Killer E2500 Ethernet package of software.   There is NOTHING wrong with my PC its your program killing the connection to certain Websites !!!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

The report helps us better understand your current setup to provide recommendations and improve products / services. Can you share with us your exact Alienware model and driver version with this problem?

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
rue
Novice

Alienware Aurora R8 and the Killer E2500 driver version is 9.0.0.50 

The "Killer Network Service" file was the problem causing webpages to NOT load.

It is unchecked in Win Startup and now all webpages load.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the information. Please share with us your Windows build and a screenshot of the device manager with this component information, we currently only support the E2500v2 version and no drivers are provided for the E2500. This is important because the driver appears to be older than the ones we recommend.

Just as a friendly reminder, you can reply to the email we sent you with the SSU results to give you the most accurate recommendations.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
rue
Novice

Here is the info....

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rue
Novice

SSU Results attached.....

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information. The report and screenshot helps us confirm that this is a Legacy Intel® Killer™ Ethernet product. For Ethernet driver updates and troubleshooting guidelines check PC manufacturer's websites as Intel does not develop, store, or provide these drivers. 

More information:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos