Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i unable to connect

mrlopezg
Beginner

I have an ACER Spin SP513-55N, one year of use, that has a Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (201NGW) 22.130.0.5

Since yesterday, it is not connecting to any wi-fi, not the one at home, or office or the hotpsot of my mobile.

Sometime it seems the adapter switches off as for few seconds i don't see it in the Windows settings for wi-fi. Or when i'm trying to connect to a wi-fi, it says checking network, then unable to connect, and then it switches off (don't see anymore available wi-fi) and later switches on.

I've tried the clean kill and other troubleshooting, but nothing works...

I saw you always ask data from the SSU, it's attached.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mrlopezg,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities and please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

Please allow us to route this query to the concerned team. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello mrlopezg,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did it start to happen?
  • Are you having issues with Wifi or Bluetooth or both?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?
  • Can you recall if there was an error message in the device manager? If so, provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mrlopezg
Beginner

Thanks for replying, in fact I'm sending the laptop to the ACER repair center in Italy (still in warranty). It seems the wi-fi killer hardware, we've already troubleshooted everything.

Just for the sake of the statistics, below the answer to your queries

• When did it start to happen?
    • 2 weeks ago, without any warning.
  • Are you having issues with Wifi or Bluetooth or both?
    • Only wi-fi.
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
    • Not at all, not close to any update.
    • Driver update and/or rollback didn't fix the problem.
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
    • Original one
  • Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?
    • Hardwired it works, but i have to use an adapter, the laptop doesn't have it.
  • Can you recall if there was an error message in the device manager? If so, provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive.
    • There was no error in the device manager shown.

I'm sending the device for assistance, so you may call the thread.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello mrlopezg,

Thanks for the information provided.

Since you decided to send your device to the ACER repair center, I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos