Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Lan keeps disconnecting.

Iceeyz
Beginner

Iceeyz_0-1646921103440.png

Translation: Networkconnection got interrupted. This happens every 3-4 minutes.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We need more information. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select *all* data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Iceeyz,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the System Support Utility (SSU) log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

I am also getting this, I believe it's the same issue as we've been talking about for years

Re: Re:Intel NET 1.0.2.6 - Z490 disconnects - Page 2 - Intel Communities

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

We are sorry to hear that you are having disconnection issue on your system.

Just to confirm, have you tried contacting your manufacturer regarding this issue? If yes, can you share their feedback with us? Is this still related to your ASUS Z490-E or do you also have a different system with Intel® Ethernet Controller I211? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

Hi Crisselle, thank you for your reply, and thank you, you were helpful in dealing with this issue before.

This is not an issue with the board manufacture, it's these drivers. I was a happy camper until the last push of the update. 

Last time you managed to stop the 1.0.2.6 being pushed in windows update and that fixed it for me. 

Looking forward to getting this resolved. 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

You're most welcome, glad to be of help. 

For us to proceed checking your request, kindly provide the following information. 

1. Exact description of issue encountered 

2. When did the issue occurred? And are there any changes prior to issue?

3. Do you have the same Intel® Ethernet Controller I211? If no, we highly suggest posting a new question (link below) to avoid confusion. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/bd-p/ethernet-products

Looking forward to hear from you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply or did not see your new post.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

1. I am getting frequent sporadic internet disconnections which is absolutely miserable. I am unable to game as any loss of network kicks me out.

2. Recently, I can't put my finger on it but it may have timed with a windows update.

3. I have not changed any hardware.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

This is the error message in event viewer. Happening around every half an hour but as above, random and sporadic. 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

Thank you for the reply. 

We noticed that you haven't posted a new question yet regarding this query. We highly suggest posting a new one to avoid confusion. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/bd-p/ethernet-products

On your new post, kindly link this thread as a reference and provide the System Support Utility (SSU) log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you or see a new post. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

Hi Crisselle,

I am 99.9% confident it is the driver causing these issues. I rolled back to 1.0.1.4 and I haven't had a single disconnect. 

For future people reading this, it was very simple to do, I just rolled back the driver via the device manager (attached).

I have also attached the SSU file as requested. 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

Appreciate your reply. 

Please allow us to check this with our engineers. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello aceridgey,

Please see below feedback form our engineers. 

The driver released for Windows 10 is not validated on Windows 11 OS. Driver 1.0.2.8 is from 26.0. This is the reason why you are having issues using the driver. If the 1.0.1.4(latest from 27.0) works well, you may use it for now however, since it is not validated, we can not guarantee the reliability.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

We would suggest to check our download center from time to time for the release of Windows 11 driver or you may also check with motherboard manufacturer.

Please be informed that since we have not received an update from original owner, we will close this thread. In case you need additional clarifications or assistance, you may need to create a new thread as this will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice

Hello,

Not sure I understand correctly. I did nothing manually to update the driver, the issues started through the auto windows update. Did you push a incompatible driver out to users?

So i stress again that the 1.0.1.4 has caused me no issues but I am conscious I am not on the latest driver. Can the engineers confirm why there are issues with the latest and not 1.0.1.4? 

0 Kudos
aceridgey
Novice
0 Kudos