Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Latest driver for I225-V (3)?

Richj44
Novice

I am currently using 2.1.1.7 and experiencing slow speeds after waking the machine from sleep.  Speed tests drop from ~ 2300 Mbps to ~ 1600Mbps.  I need to restart the machine or (sometimes) disable and enable the adapter in order to get full speed again.  This behavior is 100% reproducible.

It worked fine for a while on this driver version and I'm not sure what has changed, but I'm wondering if there's a later version and if so where I can obtain it to try it out?

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Richj44
Novice

@Mike_Intel wrote:

Hello Richj44,

Thank you for the prompt reply. You can try our latest generic driver. Here is the link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html?wapkw=I225-V

However, since the network card is onboard, we recommend to contact MSI for the appropriate drivers. Onboard network cards are considered OEM units and OEM manufacturers may have altered the unit so they should have custom driver, software and firmware that will work for your card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

Michael, thanks for the link.  However, that package contains the version I am currently running, 2.1.1.7.  And I know you guys always like to refer to the OEM for support, but believe me, their drivers are not updated regularly; the only chance for updated drivers comes from the manufacturer.

I'll mark this solved as apparently I am already on the latest version.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Richj44,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe I225-V or is it embedded on the board?
  2. What is the brand and model of your motherboard/system?
  3. What is your OS?
  4. Please provide the link of your driver.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Richj44
Novice

@Mike_Intel wrote:

Hello Richj44,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe I225-V or is it embedded on the board?   Embedded on the board
  2. What is the brand and model of your motherboard/system? MSI Z590-A Pro
  3. What is your OS? Windows 11 Pro
  4. Please provide the link of your driver.  I'm not sure what you want here.  The version is 2.1.1.7, are you asking for a link to download it?  It's been a year, I no longer have the link.

To be clear, I'm not asking anyone to troubleshoot the issue.  I just want to know if 2.1.1.7 is the latest driver available or not.  If there is a more recent version available I would love to have a link to it, since I've been unable to find anything.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Richj44,

Thank you for the prompt reply. You can try our latest generic driver. Here is the link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html?wapkw=I225-V

However, since the network card is onboard, we recommend to contact MSI for the appropriate drivers. Onboard network cards are considered OEM units and OEM manufacturers may have altered the unit so they should have custom driver, software and firmware that will work for your card.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Richj44
Novice

@Mike_Intel wrote:

Hello Richj44,

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

Michael, thanks for the link.  However, that package contains the version I am currently running, 2.1.1.7.  And I know you guys always like to refer to the OEM for support, but believe me, their drivers are not updated regularly; the only chance for updated drivers comes from the manufacturer.

I'll mark this solved as apparently I am already on the latest version.  Thanks!

0 Kudos