Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4859 Discussions

Latest driver for Intel Network card for Win10?

MMani7
Beginner

Hi,

Could you please let me know the latest network driver version for the below hardware?

Processor: Intel Atom CPU E3826

RAM: 4GB

HW ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1533

Is there any possibility that I can check the driver version based on the HWID from the Intel website?

Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. The device ID 1533 refers to I210 etherent controller, you may check in the device manager ->Network adapter-> the exact model (e.g I210-AT). You may refer to page 7 at below link for reference

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/faqs/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf?asset=9597

Regarding the driver, if you install the latest PROSet (Wired software) version 22.7.1 at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64400. The driver version is 12.15.184.0. The driver version

can be found at Device manager->network adapter-> I210-AT property -> Driver (the driver version is listed there)

We cannot simply tell what is the driver version by looking at the HWID. If you need to check the driver version, please go to the network adapter property->Driver in the device manager. (As mentioned above)

Hope the information help.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
MMani7
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

thanks for the reply.

I have identified the Intel Adapter and it is "Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection".

I tried to install the driver 22.7.1 but I am getting the below error,

Using PROWinx64.exe - "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer."

Using extracted folder PROWinx64 - "

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Intel(R) 82552 10/100 Network Connection

The data is invalid."

Please let me know how to proceed further for the driver installation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for the information. It is possible the driver install is incompatibility with the I210 which is an onboard NIC on your system. What is the motherboard brand and model? It is recommended to use the customized driver from the board vendor for the integrated NIC. Have you had the chance to check with the board vendor for the driver?

Is there another onboard NIC 82552 on your system?

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
MMani7
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

The device is touch screen module.

Baseboard Manufacturer: Seco

I was able to install the network driver older version 21.1 on the same system but not able to install the latest available version 22.7.1.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for the reply. What is the exact Seco module model?

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
MMani7
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

System model: 0974

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for the information. Have you had any chance checking with Seco if they have any customized driver as this is an onboard NIC integrated on the SBC.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
MMani7
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

I had to check with the vendor for the customized driver. But one point is not clear to me yet is "The same system can be installed with older driver version v21.1 but not v22.7". Can you explain me the reason?

I believe the v21.1 is also compatible with Windows 10.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, driver version 21.1 supports Windows* 10. I will further check if there is any information to share.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, driver version 21.1 is also compatible with Windows* 10. Let me further check if I have any information to share.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Prabu,

The Windows 10 driver for this adapter has not changed since version 21.1. The different date indicates that it was rebuilt but with no changes. The difference between the two versions is the Proset software. If you want to use the new PROSet software, please try a full uninstall and reinstall of the driver and software. Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Prabu,

Please feel free to update me if you still have other inquiries.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos