Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4923 Discussions

Lenovo laptops with I219-V Ethernet adapters - No ability set set VLAN ID number?

KB8DOA
Beginner

We purchased 2 laptops from Lenovo (model: 21E3008MUS) for our field network technicians to use.

These laptops have Intel I219-V Ethernet adapters.

In Windows 11 Device Manager we can see the ability to turn on VLAN.
But do not see where to set the VLAN ID number?

Can anyone advice where in the Windows 11 GUI/Settings to set the VLAN ID number as needed?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Irwan_Intel

Hi KB8DOA,

Thank you for reaching out Intel Ethernet Communities,

Based on your information, Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) and Intel PROSet will not be supported on Microsoft Windows* 11 or future Microsoft client operating system updates. This includes the Intel ANS features that allow the creation of Intel ANS Teams and VLANs.

Please refer to this link for more details https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087483/ethernet-products.html

However you may also refer to existing community case which might be helpful to you.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Creating-Vlans-with-the-ProSet-utility-in-windows-11-not-working/m-p/1306141

I would also recommend reaching out to Lenovo support for assistance specific to their products and models. They may have suggestions or solutions tailored to your particular device. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
KB8DOA
Beginner

Let me see if I understand you correctly:

We purchase laptops from Lenovo that are "Windows 11 Certified"
But will not be able to do the simple function of reconfiguring the ethernet adapter to connect to a specific VLAN.
This is a simple function that we have always been able to do in the past with laptops with Intel ethernet adapters...

All because Intel states that it will not support this function in Windows 11.

Intel expects common laptop users to utilize Microsoft Powershell along with a hack using Hyper-V to possibly make this work.

No thank you.

We will purchase USB ethernet adapters from Asus in the meantime,
and seek legal guidance to possibly take action (perhaps class action) against Lenovo and/or Intel.

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi KB8DOA,

I'm just checking in to see if you've had a chance to review our previous post.

Please inform us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi KB8DOA,

I apologize for the delay in my response as I took the time to consult with our higher level to better address your concerns.

I truly understand the frustration and disappointment you are experiencing regarding the inability to reconfigure the ethernet adapter to connect to a specific VLAN on your Lenovo laptop. It can be quite disheartening when a previously available function is no longer supported.

Please know that operating system updates, such as Windows 11, often bring about changes that can impact specific features or functionalities. Unfortunately, in the case of Windows 11, Intel has made the decision not to support the function you are seeking. While this may be inconvenient, it's important to recognize that such decisions are typically made with the intention of enhancing overall system stability, security, or other crucial factors.

It's worth noting that Intel PROset, although it has the capability to support I219/I225, is not officially recommended for use with these devices. Additionally, the I219/I225 adapters have not undergone validation with Intel PROset.

As a result, in order to create a VLAN on I219, it is recommended to follow the provided guidance using PowerShell. This will ensure that you can effectively set up the VLAN without relying on Intel PROset.

Thank you for your understanding, and please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi KB8DOA,

Since there have been no further updates provided, we will proceed to close the case. If you have any further questions in the future, please feel free to post a new question. Please note that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos