Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Link in Intel release notes for Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10

A123-N
Novice
I clicked a link in Intel's release notes for Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10 that went to kernel dot org.
I observed some other links on that linked page and tried clicking. All I see is text, but does looking cause any issues for Windows 10. The Intel link was described as a patch.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello A123-N,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in understanding your query.

1. What is the model of your Ethernet Adapter?

2. What is the exact Operating System used?

3. Can you confirm if this is the exact link when you mentioned 'Intel release notes for Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10'?

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25016/eng/Release_Notes_26_1.pdf

4. Can you please elaborate or share the help needed for this request and provide the links you mentioned on below statement?

I observed some other links on that linked page and tried clicking. All I see is text, but does looking cause any issues for Windows 10. The Intel link was described as a patch.

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
A123-N
Novice
Windows 10 Pro 20H2
I was browsing on non-Intel Ethernet adapter for pc with Intel I219-V.
The link in release notes was
https://lore.kernel dot org/netdev/BL0PR2101MB093051C80B1625AAE3728551CA4A0@BL0PR2101MB0930.namprd21.prod.outlook.com/T/#m63c0a1ab3c9cd28be724ac00665df6a82061097d
I clicked on links on that linked page, but all I saw was text. I prefer not to go back to the link page. I was using either IE or Firefox to browse the link.
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello A123-N,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, we are still not able to understand your main concern or help needed on this matter. We hope you won't mind elaborating this with us.

Section 3.1.1, page 7 of the Intel Ethernet Controller Products Release 26.1 Release Notes (link below), discusses Known Issues on Intel® Ethernet 800 Series. If you have Intel I219-V, then this section doesn't apply on your case.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25016/eng/Release_Notes_26_1.pdf

Let us know if you have questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello A123-N,

Good day!

This is just a follow up for the additional information we requested. We hope you won't mind sharing this with us so we can proceed further checking your request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello A123-N,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos