We have x710 dual port NIC with following details
5e:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+ (rev 02)
5e:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+ (rev 02)
i40e driver version : 2.22.18
centos kernal version : 220.127.116.117.1.1
When VF is assigned to a VM, the following information is always displayed:
1. i40e 0000:5e:00.0: Reset VF 30 never finished
2. PTP external clock not supported
I wonder what might have caused it.
Appreciate any help on this.
Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.
Regarding i40e 0000:5e:00.0: Reset VF 30 never finished, we would be grateful if you could give some information as per below:
- Are you able to test with different version of driver and OS? e.g. lower version of i40e/CentOS version 8/RHEL 9.1. Since CentOS are not listed under supported Operating Systems as per below Release Notes document link (page 6): https://downloadmirror.intel.com/772070/Release_Notes_28.0_rev_1.1.pdf
- i40e 0000:5e:00.0: Reset VF 30 never finished shows that it happen on 5e:00.0 port. Does this happen on other 5e:00.1 port also?
- What is your network switch model? e.g. Juniper/Cisco
You may also utilize Linux lsmod utility to confirm that i40evf driver for the VF has loaded successfully as per below document link (page 20):
SR-IOV Configuration Guide
PTP external clock not supported might be showing due to HW limitation, the 710 do not support PTPv2.1 as per below article link:
Do Intel® Ethernet Cards X710 and E810 Series Support Precision Time Protocol (PTP)?
Since we have not seen an update, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.