Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Lost connection on I219-V, Win11 22H2 and driver 12.19.2.45

Zyparis75
Beginner

Hello,

I am requesting your lights to help me with a difficult case.

I am managing several customers with Lenovo 10T7004BFR (M720Q).

Some are in windows 10 and others in windows 11.

Since the last Windows 11 release 22H2 (build 22621.819) all the customers of this release lose their ethernet connection, right after the update.

They all have the same:

- Brand and model: Lenovo 10T7004BFR

- Ethernet connection : I219V

- OS and build : Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (build 22621.819)

- and the same intel Ethernet driver 12.19.2.45

The only way to make the Ethernet work again, after the 22H2 update, is to remove the 12.19.2.45 Ethernet driver and change it to the 12.19.1.37.

The 22H2 update, updates the Ethernet driver from 12.19.1.37 to 12.19.2.45 despite that we blocked the autoupdate of drivers.

There is no way to lock the good driver 12.19.1.37 before updates, we have to wait for the 22h2 update and change the driver manually.

So, is there anybody else with this issue?

Lenovo won't help since it is not a hardware issue.

Is there anyway that Intel update the 12.19.2.xx Drivers to make it work with all the future Win11 updates?

Fell free to trop me tips or ideas, i will be glad to answer and fix this issue,

Reguards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Zyparis75,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard I219V or a PCIe card?
  2. Can you provide the link of your Intel network driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zyparis75
Beginner

Hello Michael L,

Thank you for your answer and taking care of my topic.

1. The Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V are onboards the LENOVO 312D motherboards, included in the Lenovo computers
  2. The defective ethernet driver version "12.19.2.45" is coming from Windows update, it is downloaded and installed automaticaly after each big update (22H and 22H2)
  3. The working driver is coming from lenovo (  m720q/10t7/10t7004bfr - Ethernet  ) and is the Intel LAN Driver for Windows 11 (Version 21H2 or Later) - ThinkCentre M720q - 12.19.1.37 - 11 Apr 2022

Best Reguards,

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Zyparis75,

Thank you for the quick reply. He have a documented issue in our website that you can try. Please check the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059067/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

If you are still having issues, as per the link. Please get in touch with Lenovo for further assistance since the network card is onboard. They should be able to further assist you with the issue.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Zyparis75,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up hoping that you are now talking with Lenovo for further assistance regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Zyparis75,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another message hoping that you are already talked to Lenovo about this issue. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos