Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

MTBF Values for Intel i210-IS and i210-IT

FFalt
Novice

What are the MTBF values of the Intel i210-IS and i210-IT chips?

According to what specification have those values been calculated and under which environmental conditions?

Thanks for your help,

Florian

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

To obtain the values that you are after, you need to have a Non-Disclosure Agreement document. Have you obtained this from us before?

If you have not yet, please send me a private message with the following information:

• Company Name
  • Country
  • Main Contact (Name of the person who is asking for confidential information)
  • Contact Position or Job Title
  • Main Contact Phone Number
  • Main Contact Email
  • Physical Address

Looking forward to your PM. Should we not hear from you, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to share that information.

We will check for your details on our database then check your concern, and we will give you an update no later than 3 business days from now.

We may need to ask for more information during this process.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
FFalt
Novice

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your answer.

I checked with my management regarding the NDA, but we couldn't find any on a quick look.

If you don't find an NDA in your database, please let me know. Then I will provide all information you wrote above, which is required to sign one.

Regards,

Florian

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

Thank you for your diligence in looking for the NDA that your company had.

We do have a database, so we will check if you already have one.

We will get back to you as soon as we found the NDA document, and that will be no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

We asked our team to thoroughly search for the NDA, and they have found it. 

We will now proceed in providing you the information that you need. We just need to check some things to ensure that we can provide you with the most accurate information for your concern.

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
FFalt
Novice
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update.

The MTBF of the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210-IS is  We are still confirming if the I210-IT will have the same value. We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
FFalt
Novice

Thanks Alfred, really appreciating your efforts.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

It is a great pleasure assisting you.

Thank you for patiently waiting for an update.

The MTBF for the i210-IS and i210-IT are the same.

To answer your question: According to what specification have those values been calculated and under which environmental conditions?

We have searched and found the document, where you can get more information regarding this question.

Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding this. Should we not hear from your, we will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
FFalt
Novice
Hi Alfred, I discussed with the person who calculates internally the MTBF of our products. So be able to integrate the number, we would need to know according to what calculation method the MTBF of the i210 was calculated. There are several norms like MIL-HDBK-217, TELCORDIA SR-332 etc. There are different environmental conditions like Ground Benign / Ground Fixed / Ground Mobile / Airborne Inhabited Cargo etc. Furthermore, we need to know the environmental temperature. With this information, it is possible to convert the number to the target MTBF specification. Thanks, Florian
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

Thank you for your response.

Please allow us some time to check on your additional concern.

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

Thank you for patiently waiting for an update.

Our team would like to ask if you have successfully downloaded the document from the link that we have provided on our message last May 6, 2020, as it contains the environment conditions and explanations of how the FIT number is determined.

If you do not have the document yet, you can download it from this link: https://qdms.intel.com/prq/prq.aspx/C0DB11C9-DDB4-4D57-8C19-9C585B7DF6A2/PRQ_9e832.pdf.

Looking forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response on that time, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
FFalt
Novice

Hi Alfred,

We found a way to include the numbers into our MTBF calculation.

Thank you, you can close the thread.

Best regards,

Florian

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi FFalt,

Thank you for your response.

We will now close the thread.

Thank you again for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos