Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Motherboard with Intel chipset and realtek OOB RealManage

SVoln
Beginner

Hi !

We have some workstations that have the following problem :

They have the OOB ip address active and different from windows although the configuration is DHCP for both.

Windows is not cloning the ip address it gets from dhcp to the oob config and we have an ip address that is used simultaneously - that was solved when fixed the broadcast domain.

It is amazing as you can see below : a workstation has 2 ip address - 1 for OOB adm and another for windows although they are configured to use dhcp so windows should clone its ip config to OOB

These packets came from the same workstation as you can from wireshark filter

The problem now is - why windows 7 is not cloning the ip address configuration to oob ip config ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Volney,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Based on the information provided, you mentioned you have issue on the Realtek ethernet, I am sorry to inform you Realtek is a third party product own by other company, the product is beyond our supporting scope since that is not an Intel product. Further, as mentioned on the log, contact your OEM for support and remediation of this system.

As you posted information about INTEL-SA-00075, can you help clarify if you need further assistance about this advisory https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=intel-sa-00075&languageid=en-fr Intel® Product Security Center . Please let me know so that I can further check on this.

Regards,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Volney,

Please feel free to provide the information for us to better check for you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos