Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

Multicast not working Intel X710-DA4

jhuyb
Beginner

We have a couple of Intel X710-DA4 quadport 10Gbit cards but it seems multicasting doesn't work from or to them.

I installed the latest firmware and the 1.2.38 driver for Linux on CentOS 6/7 but whatever I try it only sends out unicast according to tcpdump or omping.

I also tried disabling the rp filters in Linux and manually adding the multicast route to the interface.

On the same switch I also have an NC550 card in a server and this one works fine with multicast.

0 Kudos
48 Replies
jhuyb
Beginner

Hi Sandy,

After extensive testing we found out that the issue is indeed within the Intel..

As seperate ports multicasting works just fine until now with a lot of tweaking, in a bonding it works as well.

But the moment you place them in a bridge they stop working with multicast.

We tried 2 different cards as well now, 1 from Broadcom and one from Emulex and without doing anything multicast starts working just fine.

So this is definately a problem with your cards, and I have been told to give you an ultimatum of 2 weeks to get this mess fixed as otherwise we'll be looking into using other cards. As aside from a whole lot of time this has cost us a whole lot of money because of being behind on this project now.

Awaiting your reply.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Jimmy1987,

Thank you for taking time to test and we apologize for any delay. You can try to mount debugfs first use the following command:

mount –t debugfs /sys/kernel/debug

Hope this helps.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
rguo6
Beginner

Hi Jimmy,

Try the latest driver 1.48. It would work. I tried one of my NIC, looks it worked.

regards,

Rui

0 Kudos
jhuyb
Beginner

Hi Rui,

I will try it after I get back from my vacation next week and see if it works for us as well.

0 Kudos
jhuyb
Beginner

Hi,

It was tested and still not working.

And it's an issue with those cards, I am sure of that now, tested also with the Intel 520 series which has the ixgbe driver, no issues at all.

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi jimmy1987,

Thanks for updating us on your test results. We'll continue to perform tests on this and will update you on our test results.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi jimmy1987,

We would like to request for the debug logs so we can further check your setup. Use the command below:

mount –t debugfs /sys/kernel/debug

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos