Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Multiple RX queues for QinQ traffic on Intel E810-C

Fabian_NX
Beginner

Hello,

is it possible to direct QinQ traffic to multiple RX queues on Intel E810-C cards?

I'm currently running the card under Debian 11 (bullseye) with the ice kernel driver and the current v3.20 NVM version.

All received QinQ traffic (either 802.1ad+802.1q or 802.1q+802.1q) on the card is only arriving at the first RX queue.

So seems the card is not able to classify this kind of traffic and therefore can't distribute it via RSS.

I tried using also using the ICE comms DDP Package (v1.3.20.0), but I could not observe any difference.

Is there maybe another Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP) package that supports classifying nested vlan packets?

This presentation from 2020 specifically mentions vlan tag classification with DDP, but none of the publicly available DDP packages seem to support it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Fabian_NX,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to ask first if you are using a discreet network adapter for this or an embedded network controller. If you are using a discreet network adapter please provide us a picture of the markings both front and back of the card. However, if you are using an embedded controller please provide us the exact model of your mother board.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Fabian_NX
Beginner

Hello Zigfreid,

the card is a discreet network adapter with an Intel E810-CAM2 controller and dual 100G QSPF28 ports. I currently don't have access to photos as the card is installed remotely.

Do you need other details about the card which I can get from the running system?

Best regards,

Fabian

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Fabian_NX,

Thank you very much for responding. Since you are not able to provide a photo of the markings of your discreet NIC, can we ask you to provide us instead an SSU log so we can also have a look on your system. 

Please follow the steps below to generate your SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

*Windows

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

*Linux

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html?

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a tick on "Everything" when scanning the log

4. You can attach the log on the thread.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Fabian_NX
Beginner

Hello Zigfreid,

I attached the Linux SSU output for you to the thread.

Best regards,

Fabian

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Fabian_NX,

Thank you very much for providing us your SSU log. Please provide us some time to have this check before we can provide you our recommendations. Is it okay if we can ask you to provide us between 2-3 business days for this? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Fabian_NX,

As per checking the SSU log that you have provided us, the NIC is reflecting as "Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller E810-C for QSFP" and the Part no. is not captured on the log so we are unable to determine if this is really a retail or an OEM card. 

However since your concern is more on QinQ traffic, please check our Configuration Guide for Intel Ethernet 800 Series Linux* Q-in-Q as this might provide you some helpful guides on your concern. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088693/ethernet-products/800-series-network-adapters-up-to-100gbe.html

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Fabian_NX,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Fabian_NX,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos