Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

My Intel Pro/1000CT Gigabit Network Card doesn't work

PrincessRuby
Beginner

Hey everyone! I hope someone here can help me, i bought the Intel Pro/1000CT Gigabit Network Card but it doesn't work, when i put my LAN cable in, the card lights up with a green light, but on my PC i dont have a connection and it doesn't show up in the Device Manager either, with hidden devices shown. I tried 2 different slots on my motherboard and when i plug the LAN cable into my old slot (the integrated one) my internet works right away.

I don't know what drivers to install and if it's even necessary, but when i download these https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020905/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html it says "Cannot install drivers. No Intel Adapters are present on this computer"

Hope someone can help me, thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sounds like the card is bad. I would go back to the store and get it replaced.

...S

0 Kudos
PrincessRuby
Beginner

Yeah i'm going to do that tomorrow, thank you!!

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee

Hello PrincessRuby,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Hopefully you were able to replace this Intel Pro/1000CT Gigabit Ethernet adapter with a working device. Let us know if you have any issues with the replacement, or have any other questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
PrincessRuby
Beginner

Yeah i got it replaced, it works! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello PrincessRuby, Thank you for the reply. Glad you were able to resolve this issue. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos