Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

NUC D34010WYK - HDMI outputs intermittently cuts when Ethernet cable connected

MMISS50
Beginner

Many times I get no video through HDMI.

Lately I noticed that this problem disappears when I disconnect the Ethernet cable, but I obviously need that one

I bought a DisplayPort cable to try to workaround the problem, and the video is stable that way. Unfortunately - get no sound with that output

Use Lubuntu as OS

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Edouard,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you.

Based on the information you have provided, I recommend you updating the bios using the latest one at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ https://downloadcenter.intel.com

After updating the BIOS, please uninstall the current graphics driver from device manager and install the latest at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

It is very important to mention that the validated and supported operating systems from our side are win 8.1 & 8, 7 and XP.

MMISS50
Beginner

I have updated to firmware 23 and allocated 512M to the video card in the bios settings.

I did not get HDMI cut for a while now, I keep the fingers crossed...

Quite a disappointment that only Windows is supported

0 Kudos
MMISS50
Beginner

Still get intermittent cut...

This has nothing to do with the OS as the display issue often happens on boot before the OS is loaded

What would you propose?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I would like to check some more information from your system. Can you post your dxdiag report here? Can you also post the graphics report?

0 Kudos
SMort1
Beginner

I`m in for this one to. I have the exact same problem. Can I send you my reports aswell ?

And btw, how do i make these reports ?

Best regards

ALmvik

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Almvik,

1. You can do the following:

Graphics report: Open Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel> Support Options> Information Center> Save> Copy/Paste Here.

DxDiag: Type "Dxdiag" In start menu>Open> save>Copy/Paste

0 Kudos
MMISS50
Beginner

I'm afraid I cannot post those reports as I use Linux. I did not have to install any driver. But why should it be the driver as the cut happens also on boot when the OS is not loaded yet?

0 Kudos
MMISS50
Beginner

Workarounded the problem by using a displayPort cable (...just had to select the right output for the sound)

0 Kudos
CFlai
Beginner

Hello, got the same problem (perhaps even worse)...

I almost never get video output out of HDMI with a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable. I tried both my AV receiver (Onkyo 818) and my TV (Samsung UE55D6530). No signal on both device, not even NUC bios or boot messages. I used a mini DP adapter to VGA, and also get an output (on my TV). Something seems to be very wrong here. I ordered another mini HDMI to HDMI cable (before I found this thread), to check if I have a cable problem. Will report back, although hopes are low now.

Using OpenElec latest nightly build at the moment

Annoying that I perhaps need to get another adapter (mini DP to HDMI). HDMI output should work without any problems!

Will check any dependency of the problem with ethernet tonight or tomorrow.

Does mini DP provide all audio output standards also (Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS HD etc.)?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
MMISS50
Beginner

If I can help the Intel engineers to reproduce, the HDMI cut also happens when I connect a USB device to the NUC

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the feedback on this matter. We have released a new driver for our controller. Please download it at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23639 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23639

ConnorXXL, the DisplayPort connection in fact provides the output standards you mentioned.

0 Kudos
CFlai
Beginner

Kevin, thanks for confirming!

I have to admit that in my case it was the mini HDMI to HMDI cable causing problems. I sometimes had video out, and sometimes not, with no visible pattern. I tried an Amazon Basics mini HDMI to HDMI, et voila. Always video output through mini HDMI. I'm not sure if there are any differences between the two cables I tried, but now NUC works as planned. I'm very happy with this NUC...

Again, thanks for your help, perhaps changing cables will help others too.

Chris

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am happy to hear it is working now!

0 Kudos
JMcMi2
Beginner

Hello,

I am having exact same problems on same HW. All my driver are updated to latest version but HDMI works only sometimes (hehe, worked two times and since then nothing). I am unable to solve this issues. Tried changing cables etc.

Hope that it`s not HW fault, that would be my fifth replacement of NUC.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

At this point, have you tried all troubleshooting steps mentioned before?

0 Kudos