Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

NUCi67KYK No ethernet, can't install driver: No Intel(R) Adapters are preset in this computer.

PPawe
New Contributor I

Hi there

I just got my skull canyon (NUCi67KYK), installed windows 10, installed drivers...

But i have problem with Ethernet LAN. I dont have LAN connection, only WiFi works.

I can't install drivers: Intel® Gigabit Network Connection Driver for Intel® NUC Kits NUC6i[x]SY and NUC6i7KYK (ver.21.1)

It gives error: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are preset in this computer."

Please help someone!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PPawe
New Contributor I

Already figured it out myself, it was driver related.

Just installed older drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26010/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64403 Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 version 20.7.1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Download and install Intel network connection driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26045/Intel-Gigabit-Network-Connection-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kits-NUC6i-x-SY-and-NUC6i7KYK?product=89187 Download Intel® Gigabit Network Connection Driver for Intel® NUC Kits NUC6i[x]SY and NUC6i7KYK

You can download it using other computer with internet connection.

0 Kudos
PPawe
New Contributor I

Please try to read.

I was trying to install this but it gives error: Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are preset in this computer.

I did reset bios settings to default.

It looks like my NUC has broken lan card?

0 Kudos
PPawe
New Contributor I

Iv got latest bios ver 0.42. Bios settings set to default.

I will try to do clean windows install and just install ethernet driver, if it wont work, it means NUC has ethernet module broken???

0 Kudos
PPawe
New Contributor I

Even clean windows 10 install, then installing ethernet driver (2.21) won't work (error: Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are preset in this computer.)

My NUC is just damaged AGAIN? Month ago i had also broken one, INTEL i won't buy ever anything from You!!!

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

If this is the latest driver you could find from Intel, try to install the driver manually step by step. Follow these steps.

1. Usually, the driver file is in .exe format. Extract and decompress the file to a folder. (To extract the file, you need an archive utility such as 7zip. If you don't have one, you can download it online.)

2. Go to https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/a-common-and-easy-way-to-access-device-manager-in-windows/ Device Manager.

3. Expand category "Network adapters". Right-click on the Intel network device and select Update Driver Software…

Note if the network driver is missing, it might be listed under category "Other devices". In this case, there is a yellow mark next to the device which is displayed as Ethernet Controller.

4. Click Browser my computer for driver software.

5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Check the box next to "Show compatible hardware" and click Have Disk… button.

7. Click Browse… button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the driver file to.

8. Continue to open the folders until you can choose any of the .INF files. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

To E7ite

I had a same situation like you.

I solved it

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=82185 Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

Download this driver, and then your ethernet will work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello E7ite,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
PPawe
New Contributor I

Nope, it was not.

I still can't install ethernet driver. Error: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are preset in this computer"

Cant even manually install drivers.

I have device: Unknown device (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B7&SUBSYS_20648086&REV_31) in device manager but cant install drivers for it.

0 Kudos
PPawe
New Contributor I

Already figured it out myself, it was driver related.

Just installed older drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26010/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64403 Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 version 20.7.1.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

busreset, thanks for your report.

To: E7ite

Hello E7ite,

I am glad to know that your concern was solved.

We will take care of the report provided by the both of you, and we will let you know any further details.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
JL9
Beginner

I bought the NUC6i7KYK from Amazon in end December and I encountered the same problem during the installation of Windows 10. When I attempted to install the LAN using device drivers of version 21.1 downloaded from Intel website, I got an warning "There is an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 that prevents the Intel Advanced Network Services feature from work correctly. You may install the feature, although you will be unable to create Intel ANS Teams and VLANs. Do you wish to install the feature?" When I clicked 'Yes' to proceed, I saw the "device not install". However, after I downgrade to version 20.x recommended in this thread, I can see the same warning message and successfully complete the installation of the LAN device driver as an interim solution.

Best Regards,

Joseph L

0 Kudos
JL9
Beginner

I find out the problem. The problem is caused the Windows 10 licence used. The licence that I used for the initial installation was a licence before activation for evaluation purposes. This licence inhibited all Windows and device drivers update, Windows Store download, etc. After I have properly activated the Windows 10 licence, I am able to download all the Windows updates and successfully installed the latest device drivers included the Intel LAN drivers 21.1.

Lesson Learnt : Genuine Windows 10 licences must be activated before and updated device drivers to be installed.

Best Regards,

Joseph L

0 Kudos
EEric9
Beginner

The license and activation issue you mention has nothing to do with the issue described above, your problem was different. I had installed a valid windows 10 pro license already.

0 Kudos
JX2
Beginner

I have also had the same issue. When I try to install the latest drivers I get the:

>There is an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 that prevents the Intel Advanced Network Services feature from work correctly.

Message, it hangs for a while and then fails. I have no idea why a driver is being released with this problem, I assume it's on Microsoft's end based one what I've read. If I then try and install using Intel's tool I get:

>"Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are preset in this computer.

Same as everyone else. E7ite's fix DID work for me so huge thanks to them. It's not good enough though as no doubt new drivers will come out and they will need to include a fix for this.

0 Kudos
JL9
Beginner

What is the OS version that you used for the installation?

0 Kudos
JX2
Beginner
0 Kudos
JL9
Beginner

Thanks. Have you activated the Windows 10 licence before you attempt the LAN driver installation?

0 Kudos
JX2
Beginner

Before trying the fix of installing the old driver, I read this thread and checked the activation status in System - and yes it was Activated. I didn't have an internet connection when I initially installed Windows or tried to install the drivers that came on the mobo disk but I did install a genuine copy of Windows and did connect it afterwards (I maybe wrong assuming an internet connection is needed for activation).

tl;dr yeah pretty sure it was activated.

0 Kudos
EEric9
Beginner

I have the exact same problem, I attempted to install https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10 version 21.1 (the latest version at this time), the install of the driver would hang for 5 minutes, and then fail. Due to this post, I installed https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26010/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10 version 20.7.1 and the driver and wired ethernet connection works fine. This is only a temporary solution, what happens when there is a network driver update we need to move to, but it doesn't work? This is unacceptable, please provide a fix for the latest driver.

Configuration:

NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK

16GB HyperX DDR4 2133 MHz SO-DIMM Memory Kit (2 x 8GB)

Samsung SAMZV6P512BW 512GB 960 PRO M.2 Internal SSD (quantity 2)

Please respond!

Edit 01/03/17: See my recent /thread/109626 post for additional details including how I worked around the problem of not being able to install the current latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10 version 21.1.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello busreset,

I am glad to know you were able to solve the issue.

I was unable to replicate the issue you were having; however, this was reported and hopefully will be addressed in a new driver release.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos