Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

NVM Integrity & Cable Quality & Cable Integrity issues from Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V?

Orz
Beginner

Dear,

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Update-e2fexpress-ID-27-issues-from-Intel-R-Ethernet-Controller/m-p/1391017/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufEw0NVRUTkIxWVFVTk9LfDEzOTEwMTd8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M29632

About e2fexpress ID:27:
You have replied that 「The Warning is a Microsoft Windows Event that shows up when the network is temporarily disconnected or Windows perceives there is a Micro-disconnect.」
Your Suggest that I go to ask Microsoft and ASUS how to solve it, right?
OK,But ASUS has called me to ask intel that how to solve it two months ago?

===
Then there are still these problems, and no solutions have been given!

Intel(R) PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility 26.6.09:
1.NVM Integrity Status: Failed

2.Cable Quality Status: Failed => I tried changing the network cable, but actually changing the other one didn't solve it!

3.Cable Integrity Status : Failed => I tried changing the network cable, but actually changing the other one didn't fix it!

Then please can you really give a solution that can actually be solved, without losing or closing the functions that should be there, and under the premise of not reducing performance and stability!

And the above is not a case, there are other consumers like me, the interesting thing is that the Cable Integrity Status item also shows 225 meters!

Note:
The shared router is ASUS RT-AC58U, Chunghwa Telecom's FTTH, and the cables are CAT5E & CAT6!

Thanks!

2022-04-14 034109.jpg2022-04-14 034315.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Orz,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Please allow us to forward your feedback to our engineers. We will give you an update once we heard from them but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Orz,

Thank you for the patience. 

Please see below feedback from our engineers. 

As much as we want to assist you, this may not be a hardware related but an OS related issue because Windows perceived that there was a disconnection and generated an error however the disconnection was never encountered. Since no disconnection occurred, we still suggest to contact Microsoft.

About your follow up questions, possible that this is only false positive because having these errors will cause intermittent or permanent disconnection which you never encountered. It is still best to contact Microsoft so they can provide further recommendations.

Microsoft Support

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/

We will now close this query. Please post a new question if you have additional question in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Have a good day and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Orz
Beginner

Dear Crisselle C.,

1.So your engineer's conclusion is:
Are these problems caused by Microsoft system errors?

Suggest me to ask Microsoft to solve the problem!

2.Then as long as Microsoft solves the problem of e2fexpress ID:27, the tests of NVM Integrity Status, Cable Quality Status, and Cable Integrity Status will no longer be Failed?

I've just gone to contact Microsoft:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e2fexpress-id27-issues-from-intelr-ethernet/d418496e-2706-4046-896a-758a2037c60a

thanks!

0 Kudos
bassmek2
Beginner

this is 100% an intel issue i know for a fact i had tried different drivers and was able to correct the problem but i installed a few diff drivers and finally found one that worked i cant remember what driver it was as now im back to the same problem again after reformatting my pc they wont send me the whole chat log i had with support that helped me so i can figure out what i did to fix it i dont remember if it was the driver from evga site or the one the support gave me well must have been the one support gave me because ive tried the one from the evga site and i still have the issue and i dont know what driver the supprt gave me so i cant try that 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This thread is approaching a year old.

Start a new thread, provide more information, and use some periods and commas for readability.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos