Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

NVMUpdatePackage_WFT_WFQ&WF0_v4.00 for Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection X722 for 10GBASE-T (S2600WF motherboard)

YLIAK
Beginner

I use motherboard S2600WF with 2x X722 onboard ethernet netcards. When I try to up their version to latest I faced with stupid problems:

root@cubic06:/home/yury/new/NVMUpdatePackage_WFT_WFQ&WF0_v4.00/X722_NVMUpdate_Linux_x64# ./nvmupdate64e -l   Intel(R) Ethernet NVM Update Tool NVMUpdate version 1.30.2.11 Copyright (C) 2013 - 2017 Intel Corporation.     WARNING: To avoid damage to your device, do not stop the update or reboot or power off the system during this update. Error: Config file line 2: Not supported config file version. Error: Missing CONFIG VERSION parameter in configuration file.   Tool execution completed with the following status: The configuration file could not be opened/read, or a syntax error was discovered in the file Press any key to exit.

# head nvmupdate.cfg CURRENT FAMILY: 1.0.0 CONFIG VERSION: 1.14.0   ;Update ;For verification of NUP   ;WFQ/0 BEGIN DEVICE

of course, I didn't change the files after unpacked them from the archive... what happened? what should I do next?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello YLIAK,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following details for me to further help you on this one.

1. What is the version that you are trying to install?
  2. Please provide the download site of the NVM firmware that you want to use.
  3. Can you try the steps on this guide?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/nvm-update-tool-quick-linux-usage-guide.html

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YLIAK,

I just want to check if you tried the steps on the link that I provided and if you can also provide the information that I asked.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YLIAK,

Just sending another follow up if the last recommendations helped you with the issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos