Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Need Help About Teaming

idata
Employee

Hi,

I wish to use two Intel ethernet adapter in one PC runing Windows XP and use the Adapter Fault Tolerance (AFT) and Switch Fault Tolerance (SFT) that teaming allows.

Questions:

• Do the Intel® PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter have this feature?
  • do you think that i need any other hardware or any software?

Best Regards,

MedAADI.

Ce message a été modifié par: medaadi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

The Intel® PRO/1000 GT desktop adapter does not support creation of any team types in Windows.* This is also true of other Intel® PRO/1000 desktop adapters.

If you installed an Intel® server adapter in the computer, you could create a team using the server adapter and then add the desktop adapter to the team.

If you have an available PCIe* slot in your computer, you could add an Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter to your system to allow team creation. Teaming support and an array of other advanced features enable you to utilize this adapter as an entry-level server adapter.

The software included with any Intel® Ethernet adapter contains everything you need to create teams. No extra software is needed.

You can see http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm How do I use Teaming with Advanced Networking Services (ANS)? if you have any questions on installing the software to support teams.

Mark H

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

The Intel® PRO/1000 GT desktop adapter does not support creation of any team types in Windows.* This is also true of other Intel® PRO/1000 desktop adapters.

If you installed an Intel® server adapter in the computer, you could create a team using the server adapter and then add the desktop adapter to the team.

If you have an available PCIe* slot in your computer, you could add an Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter to your system to allow team creation. Teaming support and an array of other advanced features enable you to utilize this adapter as an entry-level server adapter.

The software included with any Intel® Ethernet adapter contains everything you need to create teams. No extra software is needed.

You can see http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm How do I use Teaming with Advanced Networking Services (ANS)? if you have any questions on installing the software to support teams.

Mark H

0 Kudos