Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Need detail delta from ProSet 16.4 to ProSet 22.0 affected to 82583V.

ksugi7
Beginner

Hello,

We have custom PC equiped 82579LM and 82573V.

Last month, we update LAN driver to ProSet 22.0(Win7 32bit) for fixing link flap problem of 82579LM. But, to make matters worse, 82583V's link down rate became high in dedicated machines.

So, we'd like to check the delta of LAN driver related with 82583.

Could you share the detail change log/release note  from ProSet 16.4 to ProSet 22.0? 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello ksugi7, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. While we are checking on this, can you share if 82579LM and 82583V have both the same problem? Both controller drivers are from ProSet 16.4 to ProSet 22.0? Your prompt reply is highly appreciated. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

​Hello Crisselle,

Thank you for your replay. and I'm sorry to late response.

> While we are checking on this, can you share if 82579LM and 82583V have both the same problem? Both controller drivers are from ProSet 16.4 to ProSet 22.0?

82579LM have frequent link flapping event. but 82583V have rarely linkdown and linkup event.

Both controller driver are updated from ProSet 16.4 to ProSet 22.0.

Because Intel installer update both driver automatically and any problem is not occured in our bench.

Thanks, Best regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Sugiyama, Thank you for the reply. Please visit the link below for the change log of PROSet 16.4 to 22.0. What's New in Latest Releases of Intel® Ethernet Software: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005840/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Let us know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

Helo Crisselle,

​Thank you to teach me the link.

Although I visit the link, information is very simple such as  "Updated Windows* e1q driver for devices based on Intel® 82574/82575/82576/82583 Gigabit Controllers".

Could you share more detail info affected to ethernet linke status?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Sugiyama, We will further check on your request and get back to you once there is any update. Hoping for your patience. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Sugiyama, We apologize for the delay on this matter. You may refer to the release notes of 22.0. This contains information about link flap issue that requires adjustment in the EEE configuration. https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26640/eng/readme.txt Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

​Hello Crisselle,

Thank you for your imformation.

But, unfortunately, the 82583V hasn't EEE function.

If you can share the further information, please share it.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama,

Thank you for the reply.

Please be informed that Intel does not release change log history of our driver builds as it is not just for Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet only, it is also for several devices. However, you can refer to the "what's new?" section of the readme file included in the SW package which we provided before.

But we understand that you have visited the readme file and needs additional information on this. We will further check this on our end and give you an update as soon as there is any findings.

Thank you for the patience and cooperation on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

​Hello Crisselle,

Thank you for your replay.

I see, I appreciate your kind response. On Linux driver, I can see and understand detail changes from intel git repository,

But on windows driver, can trace only readme.txt. that's too simple, to judge the effect.

As above, I'm looking for your findings!

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

The information that we provided are the available resources in public related to the Windows driver. For linux, it has more information in the public due to open source.

If you wish to find out issues and fixes related to the 82583V and 82579 Ethernet controller, you may refer to the updated specification updates found in the links below:

82583V Technical library - https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/design/products-and-solutions/networking-and-io/82583V-gigabit-ethernet-controller/technical-library.html

82579 Technical library - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/82579-gigabit-ethernet-connection-family-documentation.html

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama,

We'd like to check if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter. If you do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

​Hello Crisselle,

I'm sorry for my late response,

Thank you for your reference documents.

I checked specification updates of 82583V again and I found packet drop issue (#12).

On our setting, PCIe device shouldn't be entered to ASPM L1 state, But I'll check our vender to be updated the EEPROMs(NVM).

And recent update(#14,#15)  seems to be affected to linux driver. Is it not affected to windows driver? 

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama,

Thank you for the reply.

Please confirm if the update (#14, #15)you are referring to is also from the document Specification Update: Intel® 82583V Gigabit Ethernet Controller. 

14. TimeSync: Value Read from SYSTIM Registers Might be Incorrect

15. Incorrect 64-bit Statistics Counter Value

Looking forward to hear form you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

​Hello Crisselle,

Thank you for your reply.

Thats right, My suspect issues are your pointed one.

> 14. TimeSync: Value Read from SYSTIM Registers Might be Incorrect

> 15. Incorrect 64-bit Statistics Counter Value

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama,

Thank you for the confirmation.

We will further check on this and give you an update as soon as possible.

Hoping for your patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama,

We apologize for the delay on this matter.

We have checked your query with our engineers and advised that items 14 and 15 are only applicable to Linux drivers.

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

​Hello Crisselle

Thank you for your reply.

I may reach a deadlock. If I get and check the PC with problem, I'll ask you again!

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama,

You are welcome. Glad to be of help on this matter.

If you have additional questions and clarifications in the future, feel free to post on this thread.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos