Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Need help to downgrade to an older X550 NVM firmware

Hyins
Beginner

My motherboard is Supermicro X11DPX-T with built-in dual Intel X550 NIC, I have flashed my X550 NIC NVM firmware to lastest version 3.00 using Intel nvmupdatew64e utility, but my Win10 OS started experiencing BSoD after flashing firmware.

The Intel nvmupdatew64e utility have created 3 backup files: .rollback.cfg + "mac address".bin + "mac address".flb (see my attached .zip) , but I don't know how to flash them back.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Hyins,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am sorry to hear that and as much as we would like to help you, it is best to contact the manufacturer of the board to check if the onboard network card is capable of downgrading the firmware. Let me also add that if you are using a non-retail or an OEM network card like onboard, we do not recommend that you use Intel's firmware file and vice versa. It may damage the network card. Kindly contact Supermicro  for further assistance regarding the firmware of your onboard X550.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Hyins,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you already tried to contact the manufacturer of the board for further support.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Hyins,

I am just sending another follow up hoping that you already tried to contact the manufacturer of the board for further support. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos