Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4872 Discussions

Network Card X710-DA2 for Workstation with Link aggregation

danaron
Novice

Hi,

I am looking for a 10 Gb PCI Network Card for my Windows Workstation with two SFP+ Connectors to connect to a synology by link aggregation.

Anybody knows if this would work with a Intel Ethernet X710DA2 SVR (PCI Express 3.0)?

Thanks for your advice.
Best regards
Danaron

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danaron
Novice

HI Crisselle,

Works fine for me. Thank for your help. Really appreciated.

best Regards

Danaron

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Danaron,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your request.

1. Exact Operating system used? 

2. Do you have the adapter already or you are planning to purchase one? 

3. Can you confirm that this is the exact Ethernet adapter that you are requesting for assistance?

Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA2

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/83964/intel-ethernet-converged-network-adapter-x710-da2.html

You may consider visiting the link below for more information regarding Link aggregation. 

Teaming with Intel® Advanced Network Services

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005667/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Scroll down to Teaming features and take note that Link aggregation modes require switch support, while ALB and RLB modes can be used with any switch.

Also check Link Aggregation (LA), Cisco* Fast EtherChannel (FEC), and Gigabit EtherChannel (GEC) and IEEE 802.3ad for additional information.

Looking forward to hear from you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
danaron
Novice

Hi CrisselleF,

Thank you for your relpy and please appologize not to be to presice about my uestion. Here are the details:

Operation System: Windows 10 Pro 19042.867 (newest/64 bit)
I am planing to buy it here: https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/intel-ethernet-x710da2-svr-pci-express-30-netzwerkadapter-10144142 
As I can see it is the Adapter you sent me the link below.

Conserinig the Switch I do habe a QNAP QSW-M1208-8C wich supports link aggregation for sure.

If you could advise me, if the X710-DA2 works on a X299 Designare ex and i9-9980XE with link aggregation? Or do you suggest an other product?

Thank you very much.

Best

Danaron

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Danaron,

Thank you for the swift response.

Please give us time to confirm your query. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 1-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Danaron,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 Operating System (OS) is not listed as supported OS for X710-DA2. There won't be any available driver to download on our website and install on Windows 10 systems.

Regarding your statement below, we highly suggest checking with Gigabyte support if X710-DA2 adapter is compatible with X299 Designare EX as the validation would be based on the motherboard. As you will notice from the specifications of the link we shared yesterday, Vertical Segment is for Server. This means that the adapter is intended for server use.

If you could advise me, if the X710-DA2 works on a X299 Designare ex and i9-9980XE with link aggregation?

We would also like to educate you about our support for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Retail adapter. We provide full support for Retail version of Ethernet adapters including warranty and technical queries. For OEM adapters, we only provide our best effort support for technical queries since the drivers and firmware should be supplied by the manufacturers. Also, Intel does not handle warranties for OEM products.

You may visit links below for more information regarding Intel® Ethernet Adapters

List of Supported Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005612/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

How to get information about Ethernet OEM Generic warranty products?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000035666/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

For our suggestion, you may consider purchasing different model of Ethernet adapters that has full support for your OS and motherboard. If you require specific model from us, please let us know of your preferred specs (Speed, dual or single, etc.) so we can further check on it. You may also consider contacting Gigabyte support to get a list of compatible adapters for their motherboard and from there, you may pick your preferred adapter and consult with us.

Kindly visit link below for the list of Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025890/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to hear from you soon. 

We will reach out after after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Danaron,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you still need our assistance on this matter. If you do, kindly provide the additional information requested for us to further check your query.

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
danaron
Novice

HI Crisselle,

Works fine for me. Thank for your help. Really appreciated.

best Regards

Danaron

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Danaron,

Thank you for the swift response.

Since you already marked this thread as closed, please be informed that we will now proceed closing this case. 

We appreciate your time and cooperation throughout the process. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos