Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

Network Connection disconnects and reconnects several times over the day

DDegn
Beginner

My Network devices loses connection to the network several times a day and then reconnects like 20seconds till 2 minutes later again to the network

Windows shows this:

The network interface Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello DDegn,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am sorry to hear that. Let me gather more details for me to further investigate the issue. Please provide the following.

1. What is your OS?
  2. What is the driver version installed?
  3. When did the issue started?
  4. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

If you have questions, please let us know. Please tell us when can we expect an update on this. If there is no reply, is it okay if make a follow up after 3 business days?

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
DDegn
Beginner

Hey,

I am using Windows 10 Pro (Version 1909 Build 18363.900)

The driver version is 12.17.10.8

The issue started when I got this new Mainboard X570 AORUS ULTRA with the onboard intel nedtwork card

I tried a Realtek PciE Network card. That worked but now since I think the last Windows update the Realtek card has the same issue.

I tried to disable ipv6, I checked the LAN cable with a Laptop but had no issues on the Laptop. I reinstalled the driver. I just now searched via google "intel network driver" and downloaded from your page a newer driver than the one from my motherboard supplier, version 12.18.9.6 I try this now and will post an update later.

Edit: I just made all 3 diagnostic test in the Intel PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility and it found no errors.

Edit2: 3 hours so far with no issues.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DDegn,

I am happy to hear that. Kindly update us on how long would you like to observe the connection.

If you have questions, please let us know. Please tell us when can we expect an update on this. If there is no reply, is it okay if make a follow up after 3 business days?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
DDegn
Beginner

Finally the forum work again. So it went good for 7 hours and then the issue started again and now none of the netword cards detect anything. They just say that the network cable was removed but the cable works fine.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DDegn,

Can you see the LED lights flashing in the LAN port when you connect the cable? By the way, what is the model of your board or system?

If you have questions, please let us know. Please tell us when can we expect an update on this. If there is no reply, is it okay if make a follow up after 3 business days?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
DDegn
Beginner

The LED is always flashing orange. The Mainbopard is Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DDegn,

It seems that the issue is intermittent and you may be dealing with a hardware issue. And since you already tried our driver, and the network card is embedded on the board, it is best now to contact Gigabyte to check if you need a BIOS update or other hardware related test.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DDegn,

I just want to make a follow up on the last information that I requested.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DDegn,

Just posting to check if you already tried contacting the manufacturer of the board for assistance.
Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos