Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Network adapter driver v23.5 doesnt install on the latest windows 10 version 1809.

EHiet
Beginner

Hello,

I always uninstall the older Lan driver before install the new with version 23.5 its not possible anymore to install the driver.

I had to install driver 23.4 again before installing 23.5 without uninstalling.

My network adapter is 82579V.

Windows 10 home 64bit, 1809, build 17763.194

0 Kudos
18 Replies
GMest
Beginner

I have the same issue with named 82579V and 82574L onboard running W10 1809 - also after successful installation, the adaptor configuration utility only runs for some time into system uptime, after some time it finds no adapter, a reboot resolves this until some time has passed

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
EHiet, Thank you for posting in Intel® Ethernet Community. We appreciate the effort of sharing this observation with us. Kindly send the System Support Utility logs of your system. This will help us investigate the possible reason for your issue (need to load 23.4 before installing 23.5). Please find the download link and instruction below: 1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 2- Open SSU.exe 3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". 4- When finished scanning, click "Next". 5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. Looking forward to your response. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi EHiet, We'd like to follow-up the requested information. Thanks. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
EHiet
Beginner

I did send to you the file u ask for per Email.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi EHiet, We're not able to locate the file. Please try to attach it in the post. Thanks. https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049Vkf8/network-adapter-driver-v235-doesnt-install-on-the-latest-windows-10-version Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
EHiet
Beginner
0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi EHiet, Thank you for providing the log file. We'd like to check if you've tried different approach on installing the driver. Please refer to the steps below: 1. Extract the version 23.5 package to a folder 2. Go to Device Manager, right click on your Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection and select "Update Driver Software" 3. Choose the "Browse my computer for driver software" option 4. Browse to the extracted folder where the driver "e1c65x64.sys" is located. Sample path = C:\PROWinx64\PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS65 5. Complete the installation procedure Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EHiet
Beginner

Hello

The above steps install the Intel network adapter driver 23.5.

The problem is with the installer from v23.5, it cant detect the Lan driver v12.15.22.6 that comes with windows 10 v1809.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-loads-the-wrong-driver-for-my-intel/b1027916-b946-4255-aed9-17708722d18b

Best Regards

Erwin

Knipsel2.PNG

Knipsel3.PNG

Intel Lan driver that comes with windows 10, v1809.

Knipsel4.PNG

Knipsel5.PNG

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Erwin, Thanks for sharing your observation. This would be helpful to other users with the same setup. Please let us know if you have other assistance needed. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EHiet
Beginner

Hello Vince,

Is this problem going to be fixed in a later driver version, because version 23.4 does install on the latest windows 10 version 1809.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Erwin, Let me check this internally and update the thread as soon as possible. Please confirm if I have captured the sequence correctly. 1. Upgrade Windows 10 from 1803 to 1809, the driver loaded for 82579V is version 12.15.22.6 with filename of e1i63x64.sys 2. Uninstall SW Version 23.4 3. Load the SW Version 23.5, encountered error - no adapter present in this system. Solution to fix: A. Install SW Version 23.4 then load the SW Version 23.5 B. Manual installation of driver included in SW Version 23.5 Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EHiet
Beginner

Hello Vince,

I did a clean install windows 10 1809.

1. Clean install windows 10 Home 1809, the driver loaded for 82579V is version 12.15.22.6 with filename of e1i63x64.sys
  2. Installed the SW Version 23.5, encountered error - no adapter present in this system.
  3. Installed SW Version 23.4 then installed SW Version 23.5 over 23.4

This is the correct order.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Erwin, Thanks for providing the correct order. I'll check this internally and update the thread as soon as possible. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Erwin, How are you? Please be informed we're still looking into your query and will post update soon. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EHiet
Beginner

Hello Vince,

I am fine and how are u?

I hope that the problem with the installer will be fixed soon.

Best Regards,

Erwin.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Erwin, Thank you for asking. I'm doing well. After further verification, the issue you've encountered is considered normal due to 82579V is not supported in SW 23.5. We've already submitted a feature request to the SW team but there's no guarantee it will be updated. Please let us know if there's other assistance needed. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EHiet
Beginner

Hi Vince

Thank you for the info.

SW 23.4 will be the latest version i can install for my hardware setup.

Best Regards,

Erwin.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Erwin, Thank you for the response. Please let us know if there's other assistance needed. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos