Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4871 Discussions

Network link is disconnected on startup

GGang1
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection on my system, and I have the problem, that there is a huge (24s) delay between startup and Network link connected.

at 16:54:35:

The Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service service entered the running state.

at 16:54:36

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected (this is ok, because there is no cable)

at 16:54:36

Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected. (this is not ok, because there is a cable connected on it)

at 16:54:59:

Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection Intel SmartSpeed has downgraded the link speed from the maximum advertised.

at 16:54:59:

Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection Network link has been established at 100Mbps full duplex.

If I plug in the cable on the other network adapter (Intel 825879LM, the network adapter is conneceted instantly).

I'm using the network driver Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows 7* Version 23.2 (latest).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Grex,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. Is the I210 Ethernet controller onboard? To give us a better idea of the drivers and configurations for the adapter please provide https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- System Support Utility logs. This will not collect any personal information.
  • Download and run the .exe from the link above
  • Check "everything" then click "scan"
  • When scan is finished click "next"
  • Save the log and attach it to a post

The https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008490/software/software-applications.html FAQs have additional information about this utility. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Grex,

Please let us know if you still require assistance. If you have any questions about the requested logs please inform us.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Grex,

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos