Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Network speed on Ethernet connection 1217-LM

Esq
Beginner

My Router and Modem is pushing out upwards of 200 mbps, however when I do a speedtest on my wired connection on Dell Inspiron M4800 I am getting around 100 mbps max.  my other computers on the same wired connection( cable, port etc) is doing 225.  wireless on the same Dell machine is doing 200 plus.    I have done  everything including complete update of the drivers and Bios. what am I missing?  Accodding to the specs this should support gigabit speed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello esq,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities and we sincerely apologize for the delay on our response.

Please provide the following information as this would help us in checking your request.

1.) Kindly double check the established connection speed in the settings of your system: Network and Internet Settings; View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit).

2.) What is the speed configured on the Speed&Duplex advanced properties of your Ethernet Connection I217-LM?

3.) You mentioned that you have updated the drivers and BIOS, can you share the link where the Ethernet driver was downloaded from?

Hoping to hear form you soon.

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello esq,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your request. If you have any other assistance needed, feel free to let us know. 

Looking forward to your reply..  

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello esq,

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos