Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

New driver Killer E2500 v1 for Windows 11 support

imvagsig
Novice

Hello! 

When will Intel release a new driver for Killer E2500 v1 with full Windows 11 support?

The latest driver was released by Rivet Networks in yanuary 2020 (v9.0.0.50). Then Intel bought Rivet Networks and brazenly closed driver support for the E2500 v1.

Intel recently updated the driver for Killer E2500v2 to version 1168.002.0909.2021 in Killer Performance Suite 3.1121.1048. This driver adds support for RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) and NetAdapterCx (Network Adapter WDF Class Extension).

I think it's not that hard to add similar support for Killer E2500v1.

If you (Intel, Rivet Networks) are not able to update the driver yourself, then ask Qualcomm Atheros for help.

Please pass the information to your Intel engineers so that they, together with Rivet Networks and Qualcomm Atheros, think about updating the driver to add support for RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) and NetAdapterCx (Network Adapter WDF Class Extension).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello imvagsig,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since your issue is regarding our wireless product Killer E2500, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

I have a 2018 laptop with an 8th generation processor.

There were no analogues in 2018 for the Killer E2500v1 (Qualcomm Atheros) product. In 2018, this product was used in both laptops and motherboards released this year.

In 2019, an analogue of Killer E2500v2 (Realtek) was introduced and support is still being provided for this product.

The functionality I requested is easy to add.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello imvagsig,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Killer E2500v1.    

Based on your report, I have noticed that your product is a Legacy product and this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. 

I recommend you check this situation with the manufacturer of your unit for driver and firmware since Intel does not develop, store or provide these drivers. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

You have bought a company and the responsibility for supporting the purchased products falls on your shoulders.

0 Kudos
imvagsig
Novice

If you do not want to support the product, then you must post the source code of the driver on github.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are such a dreamer! The part is discontinued. This means no support will be provided. This means no updates will be made. I don't believe that a source code release will ever occur (there is still IP in this code). As for your laptop, is it still under warranty? If so, then you should be talking to the laptop manufacturer about your needs (only they could request that Intel reconsider).

...S

imvagsig
Novice

Since you speak for Intel, then remove support for the Killer E2500 v1 product from the Intel Killer Performance Suite software product.

Why are your nonsense about the warranty of the end device here...

Intel acquired Rivet Networks with all its products and the responsibility for supporting the purchased products falls on the shoulders of Intel.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't represent Intel. I never said I represented Intel. You already got the only answer that you are going to get from intel, namely the part is discontinued and they aren't going to support it.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

BTW, regarding "the responsibility for supporting the purchased products falls on the shoulders of Intel", this is simply not true. You purchased a laptop; you did not purchase a wireless solution. Your only warranty was from your laptop manufacturer; you never had a warranty from Intel and, in fact, you never had a warranty of any kind from Rivet. Intel's obligation - and Rivet's obligation before that - was to the laptop manufacturer that integrated the part. Once that obligation was met, that's it - and it was met the day that the laptop was discontinued by the manufacturer.

That's it. This discussion is over.

...S

0 Kudos
gregchik
Novice

Realtek has updated the driver for the 2016 product and added RSS and NetAdapterCx support. But Intel does not want to update the driver for its product. It's just a disgrace.

VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_012310EC

0 Kudos