Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4791 Discussions

New driver Killer E2500 v1 for Windows 11 support

ACh_Skull
Novice

Hello! 

When will Intel release a new driver for Killer E2500 v1 with full Windows 11 support?

The latest driver was released by Rivet Networks in yanuary 2020 (v9.0.0.50). Then Intel bought Rivet Networks and brazenly closed driver support for the E2500 v1.

Intel recently updated the driver for Killer E2500v2 to version 1168.002.0909.2021 in Killer Performance Suite 3.1121.1048. This driver adds support for RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) and NetAdapterCx (Network Adapter WDF Class Extension).

I think it's not that hard to add similar support for Killer E2500v1.

If you (Intel, Rivet Networks) are not able to update the driver yourself, then ask Qualcomm Atheros for help.

Please pass the information to your Intel engineers so that they, together with Rivet Networks and Qualcomm Atheros, think about updating the driver to add support for RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) and NetAdapterCx (Network Adapter WDF Class Extension).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shaq_Intel

Hi ACh_Skull,

Thank you for reaching Intel Ethernet Communities Support. As for your question, the product itself is already end of support and no longer have any update from Intel end. As for the E2500 and E2500 v2 have a design and HW difference. Intel only Focus on the later version of the product moving forward. For this you can try to seek if there is any 3rd party driver.

You can refer to the link below for reference about the discontinued Intel Killer Product.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059296/wireless.html

Regards,

Shaq_Intel

0 Kudos
ACh_Skull
Novice

Hello.
Intel, you can create a new driver NetAdapterCx with RSS support. You have the source code of the driver from River Networks and Qualcomm Atheros for this network adapter.
Please release a new driver for Killer E2500 v1 with full support for Windows 11.

Upload the source code of the driver to Github and then it will be possible to create a third-party driver for this network controller.

0 Kudos
ACh_Skull
Novice

I don't have any problems with the NDIS driver for Windows 11. Everything works stably.
The laptop manufacturer sent me to the driver developer with my request since he is responsible for supporting the universal driver network controller. 
This network adapter is used on motherboards and laptops of different OEM manufacturers.

0 Kudos