Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

New driver for Killer E2500 v1

Ivagin
New Contributor II

Hello, Intel support!

When will Intel release a new driver for Killer E2500 v1 with full Windows 11 support?

The latest driver was released by Rivet Networks in yanuary 2020 (v9.0.0.50). Then Intel bought Rivet Networks and brazenly closed driver support for the E2500 v1.

Intel recently updated the driver for Killer E2500v2 to version 1168.002.0909.2021 in Killer Performance Suite 3.1121.1048. This driver adds support for RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) and NetAdapterCx (Network Adapter WDF Class Extension).

I think it's not that hard to add similar support for Killer E2500v1.

If you (Intel, Rivet Networks) are not able to update the driver yourself, then ask Qualcomm Atheros for help.

Please pass the information to your Intel engineers so that they, together with Rivet Networks and Qualcomm Atheros, think about updating the driver to enable RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) support.

The support service MSI replied to me as follows: "Yes, we have forwarded the network driver request to Intel but  Intel won't release the new driver for Killer E2500 v1 for now since it's 'end of support' network adapter for Intel.".

6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ivagin,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please allow us to route this query to the concerned team. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ivagin,  

Based on your report, I have noticed that your product is a Legacy product (Killer E2500 v1) and this product is being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. 

I recommend you to check this situation with the manufacturer of your unit for driver and firmware since Intel does not develop, store or provide these drivers. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

When will Intel release a new driver for Killer E2500 v1 with full Windows 11 support?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ivagin, 

In this case, if the unit is discontinued or out of support (like in your case), this means that there will not be any updates, new drivers, new features, support.

If you would like to use a unit that is not out of support, you can look for a device with Intel® Killer™ E2500v2 and there are drivers compatible with Windows 11 for this device.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Ivagin
New Contributor II

Hello!

Why did Intel buy Rivet Networks and then brazenly shut down support for the E2500 v1 product?

Since you wrote such advice, it means you are incompetent and *****!

0 Kudos
AndreyCh89
New Contributor I

The support service responded to me in this way and unfortunately there is no hope. It's just a shame for Intel! Intel bought a company with a good product, and then stopped supporting drivers for some devices.

Our final statement on this topic is that Qualcomm made the decision to end support as of the last update (9.0.0.50). Due to legal agreements with other manufacturers Intel cannot continue development of these drivers either.
There will be no further driver updates as the E2500 is a discontinued product.

0 Kudos