Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

New version of Windows 10 2004, the same problem of vlan and nic teaming

GRamo20
Beginner

Basically the same problem as always when a new version of Windows 10 comes out, the proset's vlan and nic teaming functions stop working.

Unfortunately do we really have to live with this problem with every new major version of Windows?

0 Kudos
37 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Community Members,

We are following up if version 25.1.1 address the issues that you raised on this forum.

Looking forward to your replies, should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the ticket..

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CUllr
New Contributor I

Yes and no.

Yes, ANS works at least as far as VLANs go; I have not tested teaming.

No, the drivers do not work correctly in that they break the PowerShell *-NetAdapter cmdlets again, a bug that existed in the 23/24 timeframe and was fixed in 25.0. The symptoms with 25.1.1 are the same as back then.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi CUllr,

Thank you for your feedback.

Kindly give us more information about the bug that you encountered. We would appreciate it if you could share screenshots of it.

Looking forward to your reply. Should we not hear from you, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CUllr
New Contributor I

Hello,

for an illustration of the issue, please see this older post: https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/23-5-Vlans-break-Windows-Powershell-Get-NetAdapter/m-p/552135/highlight/true#M11829

The screenshot is from 24.something, but the PowerShell error is exactly the same in the current version.

The driver versions in the windows I arranged around the PowerShell window are different in 25.1.1, of course. If at all possible, I would appreciate not being told that I'm using an old driver and to try the current one. I have seen the error with 25.1.1, have since reverted to an earlier driver version in which PowerShell works (though ANS doesn't), and I am not going to break this system by installing the known-bad 25.1.1 again. Thank you.

0 Kudos
MarkT
Beginner

Our organisation has about 50 PC's that are set up with NIC teaming.

Every feature update the teaming settings are wiped and it has to manually reconfigured on every machine.

Surely Microsoft and Intel, given their partnerships, have or can find a solution to this issue?

I have installed 25.1.1 on a Windows 10 1709 device and upgraded to Windows 10 1909 and it has still dropped all the settings.

We are using the Intel(R) Ethernet I210-T1 cards.

Could anyone advise a solution for this issue?

Cheers

MSchn22
Beginner

Have installed 25.1.1 right after it was available. It broke all network connectivity and despite many efforts was not able to get it up. Had to reinstall an earlier version to get the box running again because with networking such a box is a lame duck. IMO Intel did a very bad job with this version and at the same time updated their forum so it was not possible to warn other people. Regards. Marcel

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi MarkT and Mschn22,

Thank you for the feedback and reporting the issue that you encountered with the recent update. We will take note of the inconveniences that you have experienced.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support  

0 Kudos
MSchn22
Beginner

Hi Alfred S., if we can help somehow pls let us know. In my case, the Intel driver found no adapters and when checking in Device Manager - Network Adapter, instead of "Device working properly", it displayed something like that the device is still installing (same on both NIC's) but it was not finished after waiting 1 day. Could even no longer install the old 25 version with the same effects, it was necessary to fully reinstall Win 10 from backup. Currently this works again with only 1 NIC. Kind regards, Marcel  

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi CUllr,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, we will start checking the other issues posted by other community members on this thread, until the time that you can reply to us.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi CUllr,

Thank you for your detailed response.

We will start further checking on your issue together with the issues recently raised by two other community members on this thread.

We will get back to you no later than 5 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi CUllr,

Thank you for waiting for an update.

Your case is currently investigated on this thread:  https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/23-5-Vlans-break-Windows-Powershell-Get-NetAdapter/m-p/552116#M11810. It would be best if you post your update on that thread, so that the focus will lie solely on the issue that you are experiencing.

Thank you for posting on this thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi

We are just following up, if there are any further questions on this thread.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MSchn22
Beginner

Hi Alfredo S., have responded, 25.1.1 did not work, waiting for a functional driver etc. Cheers. Marcel

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi MSchn22,

We understand that you have responded to this thread.

For our team to better assist you, it would be better if you would create another thread for the issue that you are facing, since it is a different issue from the one reported on this thread. We may need to ask you different questions, and a different approach for the issue that you are experiencing with the new update.

We are hoping for your understanding regarding this.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
MSchn22
Beginner

Hi Alfredo S,

> since it is a different issue from the one reported on this thread

Is it really different? The thread is for teaming not working with Intel driver 25 and the latest Win 10 build. You have updated the drivers to 25.1.1 and the problem is the same because the new driver is not working. A new thread would have as subject "Intel NIC driver 25.1.1 for network adapters i211 and i218V crashes system" or so. Is that your suggestion? Regards. Marcel 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi MSchn22,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, It would be better if you create a separate thread on this since the issue on this thread deals about how the new Windows update removed all the teaming, vlan settings. Since yours is different, we hope for your understanding if you just create a separate thread so our team can focus on your request.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Members of this thread, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten any further questions for the issue reported on this thread:

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you still need assistance with your concern, you can reply back to the thread or create another topic, and we will be more than glad to assist you 

Thank you for posting in Intel® communities!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos